Part 65: Pardon Me

If we were discovered, it would be would the end for us. I had to stop it, I had to give her best chance.
He thought. 
She would never go dark side.
Galaxy Girl has too much light in her heart to ever turn her back on people in need. 

A 'good guy' is who she was, who she would always be. She would continue saving good people and stopping bad ones as a rouge, a vigilante. Hiding in the shadows alone, being hated by the people she loved saving couldnt be her lot! 

He knew that because of this she would be hunted by his people as well. An easy target without the threat of the wrath of Captain Galaxy, or The Peace League. Now that he knew she wasn't completely indestructible... the idea of losing her permanently terrified him 

Bad things would happen to him as well but he was evil, he knew he could take it. That even if his father and the Syndicate cut him off, he would still have his experience and massive brain power to protect himself.  In less than a week he could be controlling the world again from a cozy little mansion In the Bahamas. Sure, the Peace League would be after him. Assignment of another hero would be the first thing on the agenda.

The Captain would more than likely take out a personal vendetta against his nemeses son, on behalf of his daughter’s honor, and make his life hell no doubt. Once his own father found out his feelings for his rival were genuine, and not a ruse to kill her....
He’d have a cow. Would be a reverent human figure of speech. Toxic's head on a plate, or more likely his brains, so he could study them, see where he went wrong.

Toxic pushed the door to the main room open just enough to peek inside. It was dinner time; so the staff were all busy bringing food to the rooms, or serving in the grand dining hall below, and nobody was around to catch him in the act. His observant eyes caught sight of the thick velvet curtain that lined the stage up ahead. It seemed this room also held plays and theatrical productions as well, and he figured the contest would probably utilize the stage area for the final round tonight. 

The curtain looked thick and sturdy, and the corner of it looked like the perfect place to hide the Time Paralysis Gun behind. Just in time, his precocious little microbots pushed through a vent in the ceiling; and the villain leaned against the wall and watched as they defied gravity, moving the cell along the ceiling and down the wall to his feet.

"Good boys," he cheered, despite the fact he knew they couldn't understand the concept of praise. Toxic pulled the curtain back enough to begin setting up. 
He had only seen this thing set up once, that night the villain first met his nemesis.
Luckily; his ionic memory never failed. 

He busied himself in his work, glad for anything that would help take his mind off Galaxy Girl, and soon became so involved in the beautiful piece of machinery that he didn't even notice the security guard walking towards him.

"Excuse me Mate..." the guard called through a less than stiff and proper accent. 
"What are you doing in here? The lights have already been set up..."
He asked, walking closer.

"Hey... You don't look like a technician. Who are you?!?" 
The Englishman cried, pulling out his tazer gun and pointing it at the intruder. 

Well... Toxic thought to himself. 
I did need to test this thing out.
"Howdy old chap." He greeted, spinning around with the large gun in hand. 
"Freeze!" the guard threatened, pulling out his baton. 
It was almost too cliché. 
"If you insist." Toxic replied through a grin, pulling the trigger. 

"So I had to cut this romantic tie with her. I did it to protect her... To give her the best chance, you see that right?" He questioned the frozen in time security guard as he proceeded to bind and gag him. Toxic had been explaining to this creature exactly how he felt for the last couple minutes, strangely missing the presence of a certain annoying Frenchman. 

"She won't turn bad and I will never go straight. It’s too dangerous. It could never work, no matter how much I want it to..." he sighs, tying the gag around the guard’s mouth, and stepping back to admire his work. 
Not bad. 

"You’re a good listener... Thank you." Toxic pats the stranger on the shoulder and closed the closet door.

___________________

A/N: Hope this flurry of updates was to your satisfaction. Have a great rest of your weekend guys!
-QueenOfGeeks