Part 75: The Kids Are Alright

The wails of the heavily armored prisoner transport vehicles could be heard all through the heart of London as they neared the crime scene. Several cops had already arrived, marking off the area and forcing the press back behind the yellow tape.

"You always enjoy this part way too much." Toxic sighed as Galaxy Girl pulled his hands behind his back and slapped on a pair of superhero grade, titanium handcuffs.
"Usually it’s the highlight of my week." She replied, voice once again brimming with superhero ego.

"I could think of a few other highlights this week." He whispers back to her through a smirk. 
He wasn't smiling long as she quickly pushed the handcuffs down just a little tighter than usual.
"Ouch!" He yelps. "Watch it back there, or I'm going to cry police brutality!" He jokingly warned, just loud enough for Captain Galaxy to hear them. 

"Everything alright here sweetheart?" 
Toxic immediately stood straight up, letting out a soundless gulp at the feeling of the good Captain’s steely gaze. "Yes dad, all good here just gonna take his belt and do a weapons search." His daughter cheerfully responded. Toxic never did fear Captain Galaxy, as fear was an emotional response and something this particular villain was famed for not having. But in the case of his father’s nemesis, a respectful amount of caution he did possess. 

"The Amendment to Code 457 doesn't exist here in the UK, honey." The towering blonde superhero reminded his daughter.
"So Male Supervillains' have the same rights as regular criminals. The laws regarding frisking are the same, so since you are not his gender I'll have to frisk him." Captain Galaxy grabbed him by the cuffs and not so gently pushes him against the wall. For the first time in his life, Toxic experienced fear. The Captain begins by briskly removing his utility belt and putting into an evidence bag he had pulled from their convenient container on his own shiny silver utility belt. Toxic shot Galaxy Girl a terrified look when his father's nemesis begins to run his unusually large hands roughly down the sides of the villain’s thin legs.

"I'm going to escort this slippery weasel to the police station myself."
She informed her Father once Toxic was deemed clear for transportation.
"I want to ensure he reaches the Supervillain transporter that is waiting there. This place isn't Stark city and the locals may not be prepped to handle him."

"Ok Honey, good idea." Agrees Captain Galaxy.
"We don't want a repeat of last year’s Superbowl."

"Oh no...  And miss out on being manhandled by these tea drinkers in funny hats, I’m crushed..."
Toxic pouts sarcastically.
"Toxic, Look at your dad." Galaxy Girl nodded at the still unconscious villain laying on the floor.
"Hear how much noise he's making... That's how much noise I want you to be making." That got a smile from her father, and next the hero began to lead him outside, once out the door, and in perfect view of the cameras, she began reading him his rights. 

"Toxic, you are under arrest.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. You also have the right to be your own attorney, which is usually what happens whenever you actually make it to court."
She said, shaking her head. 
"If you cannot afford an attorney, which we all know you can, you just think you are better than most of them... one will be provided for you."

The fully body armored guards surrounded them both as she loaded    him up into the trailer; most of them trying hard to hide their nervousness. The corner of Toxic’s mouth curved into a grin at their on-edge nature, had his reputation preceded home or what? Once he had been securely strapped and chained into place, she climbed in and sat down on the bench opposite him.

"Glad you’re all alright love."
The obviously Scottish officer smiles thankfully to Galaxy Girl.
"It's soundproofed so press this if you need backup." He pointed at a red button above a small speaker beside her before shutting the door. The whir of the locks clicking into place making the both of them alone together once more. 

Meanwhile back in the building, Captain Galaxy bent down towards his own nemesis. Mastermind was just starting to awaken.
"Captain?!" Mastermind woke up with surprise, trying unsuccessfully, and dizzily to sit up.
"Steady there old man, are you hurt?" The Captain greets his rival with a friendly familiarity.
"No." Mastermind carried out a quick self-evaluation and shook his head.

Captain Galaxy carefully lifted him up till he was seated with his back against the wall. The criminal paramedics had just arrived and could be seen ducking under the yellow tape at the gaping hole in the wall. Suddenly, the villain’s beady green eyes go wide with a concern that seemed foreign to them.

"My son?!?" He exclaimed, gripping onto the material of the superheroes suit shoulder.
"He's fine. We'll actually he's on his way to Super-max... but fine."
Reassures the hero.
"Elena and Nikolai?!" He started "Who?" Puzzles Captain Galaxy for a moment. "Oh you mean the runners? Prison also, the Russian one on the moon probably."

Mastermind let out a relieved breath. "My son... he's ok" He spoke, leaning his head back against the wall, clearly this all that was good news. His eyes went wide again and he regrips the Captains shoulder.
"Your Daughter!" He exclaimed. "She’s..."
"Alive." Finishes the Captain
"I know." He smiles.
"She's alive, and escorting your son’s motorcade right now." 

Mastermind let out another relieved sigh. His hand relaxed finally onto his nemesis shoulder.
"The kids are alright." He sighed with relief, giving the Captain a good natured shake.
"Yeah." Captain Galaxy shares a moment with his villain, just one father to another. 
"The kids are alright."  

______________________

A/N: Happy Saturday guys.
Just gonna let you all know that the positive energy you sent actually worked wonders. In just the span of three days I was able to buy a new (used) car and got contacted with an amazing job offer, (fingers crossed I get it). Thank you soooooooo much<3.
-Catalina