Part 54: Peureux

As the shuttle docked in the bay, Toxic practically falls out of it, landing on the tiled surface behind his Nemesis. He was extremely grateful for the solid floor below him, but still uneasy at the fact that the whole station still hovered miles above the earth.

The shapeshifter gripped onto the side of the pod, laughing hysterically.
Quick to regain his composure from his embarrassing and weak display of emotion, Toxic stood up straight and slipped his missing glove back on. He wasn’t alone in his false, sudden display of bravado, as he saw that  Galaxy Girl was also trying to earn back her brave, indestructible and fearless hero reputation by straightening out her belt and cape, keeping her face as stoic as possible.

Still, Informal laughed; sputtering out things in unintelligible French before finally speaking English.
"The both of you are not like they say. Not like they say at all."
Galaxy Girl's eyes shot him daggers.
A look Toxic had only ever seen her give him many times before.
The shut the hell up or I'll throw you through a wall look.
But that didn't stop Informal.
"You should have seen your faces..."
he keeled over, slapping his knee.
"Big bad superhuman... Total peureux!"
'Cowards' He called them sarcastically in French.
"You deserve each other."

Galaxy Girl cracked her knuckles and Informal sobered up quickly.
"Ok, time to do the job."
He cleared his throat.
"I thought so." She smiled slightly.
Galaxy Girl pulled her communicator out of her belt.
"Ok, it looks like Doctor Inferno has unleashed another fire demon off the coast of New York."
She reads.
"That should keep the league busy for a bit." She then bit her lip.
"Our only concern might be Technovore. He's not exactly keen on getting wet."
The thief shot Toxic a quizzical glance.
"No water on his planet. You know, living supercomputers...." Toxic shrugs.
"It's late; He's probably powered down..." She continued, adjusting her recently acquired black mask.
"But even in that state, he could be a hinder. Thanks to the entire tech in this place, he can still feel almost all movement."

Using his handheld, Toxic ever so gently tried and hacks into the mainframe.
"Easy, or you'll wake him." She warned, peering over his shoulder at his progress. As Technovore was a super being who could literally speak computer and was connected to them in a way that's beyond anyone on earth; if Toxic tried too much, too fast, he'd feel it in a microsecond.
Galaxy Girl prayed Toxic possessed enough restraint to pull off success in this moment. Like an experienced surgeon, Toxic quickly made a small figurative incision into the mainframe, a minuscule slice that wouldn't allow him to change much, just give him an almost invisible presence in the system, giving them an 87% better chance of the mission ending up as a success.

"I've put the cameras on a loop,"
he explained.
"I disabled the facial recognition software in the rest of the building."
Earlier, Galaxy Girl had explained that the docks were the one place in the headquarters that had no F.R. scanners, because a lot of the heroes changed back into their alter egos here, and that most didn't want that information on any database.
Smart, because the evil side was ever joined by someone of Technovore's species, they'd have that information so fast it would be kind of ridiculous.

As she strode towards the fingerprint scanner; Toxic hacked into that particular unit so as to make it recognize her, but immediately erase the data of her entry as soon as the doors open. With a hiss, the giant metal entrance slid open. As pulling up the blueprint of the place would probably wake up Technovore, Informal and Toxic followed in the footsteps of the hero, as she already knew exactly where they are going.

________________________

A/N: Double post tonight guys, stay tuned. :)

 :)