AU-Stuck

A/n This is my first AU..yay! So tell me how it goes.

Also, y/c/h= Your color hair

It was another hot summer day, and you and your boyfriend Newt lounge on the couch in your living room. He sits on the end reading a book and you sprawled out, your head resting on the arm of the couch, bored out of your mind. It was too hot to do anything else besides sit there and melt. You wanted to read, but you knew you wouldn't be able to concentrate on anything besides the heat.

You felt sticky and your clothes clung to you. All the energy had been sapped from your body, the heat tormenting you.

"Newwwwt." You wined, stretching out the syllables in his name.

"Y/////n." He said, copying you. 

You grunt, "I'm bored. And hot. And bored."

Newt sighed, "Then read or something. You love reading, you're an even bigger reader than I am." He turned the page. You pout, sliding off the arm of the couch so your back is arching over it and your head halfway to the floor. You crossed your arms around your stomach, huffing.

"I can't."

He finally looks away from his book and at you. Putting the book down, he scoots over a little closer to you. "And why is that love?"

"Cause it's too hot! I can feel my brain melting in my skull, I swear at any moment it'll start dripping out of my ears!" I slid far enough down that my head was now hanging over the edge of the couch and the ends of my y/c/h touched the carpet.

Newt smiled, entertained by my exaggerations. "Then we should go do something. It might save your brain." He winked.

"But it's even hotter outside!" You complain even more, "The only good place to go would be the beach."

He nodded, thinking it through, "Then let's go to the beach."

You happily gasp, "Really?"

"Yeah, why not?"

"Okay! Let me just go grab my stuff real quick."

"Alright, I will too, I'll meet you at the car." He walks away going towards his room. After he's gone, you try to sit up from your awkward position on the couch, but fall back down. You try again, struggling to get a good grip on something to pull you up, but there's nothing there to help you.

"Huh." You state, your predicament not looking good. You push up once again, straining your torso. Your hands reach out in front of you and you started kicking your legs, using all the energy you had left. You collapse back onto the couch.

"Newt!" You yell. He doesn't come and there's no reply. You groan, "Newt!"

He enters the living room from the hallway, he wears his swim trunks and a plain t-shirt. He moves the sunglasses to the bridge of his nose, placing his hands on his hips, and staring at your condition. 

"I thought you were gonna grab your stuff." You bite the inside of your cheek, and let your arms hang by your head. 

"I can't." You grumble.

"And why is that love?"

You press your lips together and move your gaze from him to the ceiling. "I'm stuck." You finally admitted.

He snickered, "Are you seriously stuck?" You nod meekly. He begins to laugh, which makes you realize how funny the situation actually is. You join in your boyfriend's laughter. "Use your abs."

"What abs? All I have is flab!" You exclaim jokingly. 

"I seriously can't get up." You laugh again, "See, watch." You try to get up again, using whatever muscle you had in your torso.

 Watching you struggle and squirm made Newt burst into a new fit of giggles and so did you. You started feeling woozy though, from the laughing and the blood rushing to your head.

"Would you like some help, love?"

As an answer you reach out your hands, wanting him to pull you up. He disappears for a second, and you feel him crawl up onto the couch, by you feet. He pops his head over the edge, happily smiling at you and your vulnerability. You scrunch your nose and stick your tongue out at him.

In response, he starts leaning over your body gently, being careful not to hurt you, until his face was directly in front of yours. His hair hung from his head, and he smiled playfully at you.

"Well hey there." You say smiling at his cuteness.

"Hey." He says then promptly pressing his lips to yours. 

Even though you've kissed Newt many times before you never truly got used to the feeling. He smiled into the kiss, before pulling away. You knew it wouldn't last long, at least not like this, but you still didn't want it to end.

He lifted himself up off of you and took your hands, pulling you up and into himself, you giggling the whole time. You both laid on the couch, your head on his chest and his hands on your waist. A wave of weariness hugged your body and you didn't want to move.

"Do you just wanna skip the beach and stay here?" 

You shifted around a little so your chin was on his chest and you peered into his gorgeous brown eyes. "Yeah, I'm bored of the beach."

He chuckled, looking just as sleepy as you felt. He seemed so peaceful and adorable. You pecked him on the lips a couple times and returned your head to his chest. You fell asleep fairly quickly, listening to the sound of Newt's strong steady heartbeat.

A/n Hey guys, hoped you enjoyed this one! I got this idea from my brother because he did something similar and couldn't get up for a while. It was really funny. Anyways, thanks for reading!