AU-Sleepless

A/n I made it back from my family reunion!! Anyways, I don't know why, but I wrote this one in first person view, sorry bout that, read anyhow though! And thank you!

I laid in bed on my back, staring at the ceiling, even though it was hard to see through the darkness. A body lay next to me, their head stuffed in the pillow and a hand gently resting on my swelling belly. Newt's.

I smiled at him in his sleeping state, he looked so adorable! All I wanted to do was curl up next to him and just sleep. But I couldn't. I was uncomfortable and hungry. Always hungry.

I scooted closer to him and ran my fingers through his hair. The golden tufts of hair soft and silky against my fingers. I placed my own hand over his, the one on my stomach. I couldn't wait until it was either morning, or I fell asleep. Morning meant food and sleep meant sleep so...yeah.

I turned to the clock that was sitting on the little wooden nightstand next to me and Newt's bed. The green numbers shown bright. 

3AM

I internally groaned, wishing that I could get to sleep. I slumped into the bed even further, feeling defeated. My emotions were out of wack, normally I would just get a book and read if I couldn't sleep, but the baby growing inside me had other plans for my emotions.

Then it came up with a fantastic idea.

Ever so carefully I removed Newt's hand from my stomach and placed it on the bed. Newt doesn't know that I have trouble sleeping, I didn't want to burden him with it. Besides there was nothing he could really do, and I didn't want him worrying about me. We had enough to worry about already.

I left the coziness and warmth of the bed and let my feet fall to the ice floor. Chills went up and down my body. I wore one of Newt's shirts that went halfway down my thighs and pair of shorts, which didn't help with the coldness that seeped through me.

For a second I wondered why I didn't just go back to Newt and the comfy bed, but my stomach reminded me.

I headed down the stairs of our small house and went straight to the kitchen, I saw my phone on the counter and quickly snatched it up. Going onto Spotify I quickly found a playlist and hit shuffle. Dancing With A Stranger started.

Quickly I grabbed a box of cookie mix and started throwing the ingredients together, all the while dancing and singing to the lyrics. I let everything fall from my mind as I lost myself in the music. 

When the chorus started up I grabbed the whisk I was using and brought it up to my mouth. Pretending that it was a microphone, I started belting out the words, not that it sounded pretty, but I didn't care.

-Look what you made me do

I'm with somebody new

Oh, baby, baby, I'm dancing with a stranger-

Suddenly the music stopped and the lights turned on, I froze with my hand pumped the air and my grip firm on the whisk. Slowly I peeled my eyes open.

Newt stood there, arms crossed, hair matted. I couldn't help but giggle. Even with bed head and tired eyes he looked handsome and perfect.

I smiled and bit my lower lip, rocking back and forth on my heels. Glancing from him to the floor, he looked amused and there was a glint in his eyes. 

"Love, what are you doing?" He asked with a smile.

I grinned at him and held up the bowl of half mixed ingredients so he could see. "Making cookies....and having a concert." I referred to the paused music on my phone.

He chuckled and shook his head at me. "Why didn't you invite me?"

I put the bowl down and sighed, knowing that I would have to tell him about my sleeping problems. "I didn't want you to worry about me."

"Y/n," he came around the counter and closer to me. He cupped my cheeks and lifted my head so I was looking into his chocolate brown eyes. "Why would I be worrying about you?"

He looked so concern and all I saw was love. It was etched into every line in his skin. 

I sighed, "Cause I haven't been sleeping."

He pulled me into his chest and wrapped his arms around me, so I was buried in him. I soaked up his scent and wrapped my arms around his torso. He kissed the top of my head and spoke.

"Y/n, you can trust to tell me these things. I wanna know if you're sleeping okay or if you're not. I wanna know when y or are about to throw up. I wanna know what you are feeling and what you're cravings are. I wanna know cause I love you."

My eyes started watering as I looked up into his eyes, and in that moment I felt so loved and wanted. I wanted him to feel that too.

"I love you too. So much." I stood on my toes and kissed him. It was soft and sweet and full of the promise of love. 

I broke away and sunk back into him, holding on to him for composure. "Don't ever feel like you have to keep anything from me, even if it might worry me."

I nodded, sniffling. I love this man more than I could put into words. 

He kissed my head again and pulled my out from his chest. One hand cupped my cheek and the other was on my waist. He wiped a tear away with his thumb.

"Now, shall we finish making these cookies?"

I smiled and grabbed the phone, pressing play the music resumed and so did my baking, only this time it was better. This time, I had Newt.

A/n Sorry for the bad ending, I couldn't think of a better way to end it. Thank you guys!! I love you all!