Au-Torn-Part 2

A/n The picture is random, has nothing to do with anything besides the fact that I like it.

"I can't believe it!" Melissa cried throwing her hands up in exasperation. You immediately moved your attention from your food to your friend. "I got mustard on my shirt!"

You swallowed the food that was in your mouth, and looked at her shirt. There was a long line of mustard going straight down the middle of it and ending at her belly button, you burst out laughing. She crossed her arms and huffed, clearly embarrassed and agitated. "Thanks for the sympathy."

"Oh, come on, it's funny." You chuckled, taking another bite of pizza. She just stuck her tongue out at you and you returned the action. 

Melissa ended up having to leave lunch early to change into her PE shirt. She hurried out the door, hunched over and her arms covering her chest and torso. You laughed at your goofy best friend.

The bell rang and you picked up your tray and started towards the kitchen where you dropped it off. You threw away your napkin and spun on your heels, colliding with someone.

"Oh! I'm so sorry, I didn't know," You look up to see Newt, making you pause. "you were there." You finished.

"It's okay, Y/n." He said. His voice was gentle and his eyes looked sad, but kind. And he gave you a soft smile. "I think we need to talk."

Your hands grew sweaty and with every beat of your heart, you could feel it bleeding. You moved your focus from him to the hallway behind him. "Newt I-"

"Please, I just want to talk." He sounded pained and broken. You wondered how you could get out of this without crying.

"I-I don't think that's such a good idea." You looked at his feet, hoping the lack of eye contact would help, it didn't. 

He gave a small nod, his lips pressed into a thin line. He started to walk away when he quickly turned back around. 

"If you change your mind...meet me under the old oak tree." You opened your mouth to say something, but instead he took your hands and continued, "If you don't show up, I'll stop asking."

You wanted to say something, but your throbbing heart was in your throat. Newt still held your hands, just looking at them. Memorizing the feeling. 

Finally, he let go and walked away. Not turning around again. You took a shaky breath, and put your hands on your head. You had a headache.

...

You felt off the rest of the day and couldn't focus on anything. Anytime you tried to, Newt would somehow show up. You didn't know what to do. Well, you knew what to do, but you didn't want to. There's a difference between want and need.

You opened your locker door and put your science books inside. Next to you Melissa was going on and on about the cutest couples in school and this one specific guy that she has taken in interest in. It hurt you to listen, your friend was moving on just fine, but you would have to stay behind and get hurt.

"Another one is James and Katie, they're sooo cute together!" When Melissa talked she liked to use her hands to add extra emotion into what she was saying. You let her wave her arms around and blab on, while you packed up your homework. 

Suddenly, she stopped, and stood there staring at something. It looked like she was thinking. She shook out of it.

"Honestly, Y/n, I think you and Newt would be cute together."

I stopped packing my backpack and froze, not sure I heard her correctly. "W-what?"

She shrugged, "I mean, yeah, I've haven't really seen you two together lately, but I think that you'd have a lot in common. Oh! I think you'd would be one of those super close, cutesy couples."

She started packing up her own backpack, not realizing how much what she just said affected you. You turned to her. "B-but I thought that you-"

"I'm over Newt, Y/n. I think it was a good thing we broke up actually. I don't know, I can't explain it, but I think it was for the better." She sighed. "Besides, I think he has a thing for you."

You couldn't stop your mouth from dropping, did your best friend just say the you and her ex would be cute together? The ex that you just so happened to have mutual feelings towards?

"So, would you....I mean...Would be okay if-"

She cut you off by shutting her locker door and turning to you with a playful smile. She adjusted the straps on her backpack. "I see the way you look at him, Y/n. Do what makes you happy."

She turns around and starts heading down the hallway. You smile and run a hand through your hair. You quickly finish packing your stuff, with new found excitement, and turn around to find an empty hallway. Oh crap, Newt!

You bolt it through the hallways and out the front door. The secretary yelling at you to not run. You look around a bit, before sprinting to the far side of the school. The oak tree was just around the corner.

Newt's POV

I checked the time on my phone and immediately stuffing it into my pocket. She wasn't going to come. Somehow, I knew this would happen, I knew all along, but somewhere deep inside me, I didn't want to believe it. 

I grab my stuff and start walking away. Frustrated with myself for letting me hope, but overall heartbroken. I'm just about to round the corner when something comes flying into me. We both go tumbling to the ground, I fall on my butt and look up to see who ran into me.

I saw the y/c/h and I knew instantly who it was. My heart skipped a beat, "Y/n?"

She sat up onto her elbows and brushed her hair out of the way. She had a big smile on her face. "I made it!" She exclaimed.

I stood up and held out a hand for her. She took it, never once letting that smile leave her. I ran a hand through my hair then places them both on her arms. "Y-you came?"

She bit her lip, still smiling, and held the sides of my shirt in her hands. Her y/c/e stared into mine. She was exquisite. 

She nodded answering my question, before swiftly pulling my lips to hers. I was surprised at first but quickly melted into the kiss. I placed one hand on her waist and let the other get lost in her hair. She curled her hands around my neck. All my questions were answered.

She pulled away first, keeping her hands on my neck, playing with the small hairs at the back of my neck. "I love you Newt." I smiled moving my hand so I held her hips. 

"I love you too."

A/n Ugh, this is bad, oh well, I just wanted to finish this one. Thanks for reading!