four: Fans

"Peace begins with a smile."
~ Mother Teresa 

"Xia?" A voice asked, and I turned to see Zuko in the doorway to my room. "Are you busy?" 

I put away what I was reading, "just bored. What's wrong?" 

"I'm going insane," Zuko answered. 

I thought about it for a moment, "I think I know how to calm you down."

"What?" Zuko questioned as he followed me out and I went straight to his room. "Why are you in my room?"

"We're going to meditate," I answered as I started lighting all of the candles. 

"What?" 

"You need to clear your mind," I said as I sat down.

Zuko sat across from me with a glare, "I don't need to meditate."

I gave him a look and the candles dimmed, "do what I say." Zuko took a deep breath, and soon looked more relaxed than he had been in a week. I smiled before also closing my eyes, almost an hour later the door opened and in walked Uncle Iroh. 

"The only reason you should be interrupting me is if you have news about the Avatar," Zuko said evenly. 

"Well, there is news, Prince Zuko, but you might not like it. Don't get too upset," Uncle Iroh said hesitantly. 

"Uncle, you taught me that keeping a level head is a sign of a great leader. Now whatever you have to say, I'm sure that I can take it," Zuko said. 

"Okay, then... we have no idea where he is," Iroh said. 

"WHAT?!" Zuko shouted and the candles flared around me. 

"Zuko!" I shouted as my sleeve caught on fire. 

"You really should open a window in here," Iroh said as he pulled out a fan. 

"Give me the map!" Zuko snapped as he grabbed the scroll from Iroh. 

"There have been multiple sightings of the Avatar, but he is impossible to track down," Uncle Iroh explained as I looked over Zuko's shoulder. 

"How am I gonna find him, Uncle?" Zuko questioned. I raised an eyebrow as I looked at the zigzagging on the map. "He is clearly a master of evasive maneuvering."

"I think he's a kid who doesn't know where he's going," I said.

~*~

"Xia, have you heard from your family recently?" Iroh asked.

"My brother, Ryuu wrote to tell me that he's finally gotten the guts to ask Mai out," I shrugged. 

"Isn't she all gloomy?" Zuko asked.

"Ryuu likes her," I shrugged as the food arrived. "Thank you." 

"Did you hear the news?" The chef asked, and he told us that the avatar was...

"The Avatar's on Kyoshi Island?" Zuko asked as he shot to his feet. "Uncle, ready the rhinos. He's not getting away from me this time." 

I sighed as I stood up and grabbed some rice and followed Zuko, "are you going to finish that?" Uncle Iroh asked Zuko. 

"I was going to save it for later!" Zuko said as he grabbed the fish and stormed off again. 

"Have mine," I told Iroh as he pouted.

"You truly are a kind soul, Xia," Iroh said fondly. 

"I think you have me mixed up with one of my siblings," I joked.