eleven: I'm dead?

"It's discouraging to think how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit."
~ Noël Coward

"I'm not one to complain, but can't Appa fly any higher?" Sokka said, as he continued to complain. 

"I have an idea, why don't we all get on your back and you can fly us to the North Pole?" Aang asked. 

"I'd love to!" Sokka said sarcastically. "Climb on everyone, Sokka's ready for takeoff!"

"I'm beginning to think you guys should've just left me behind, maybe Appa would be able to fly better," I said sadly. 

"Yeah! We should've just left the evil firebender behind," Sokka agreed sarcastically. 

"Xia weighs less than you and Momo combined!" Aang snapped. 

"Look, we're all just a little tired and cranky because we've been flying for two days straight," Katara said gently. 

"And for what? We can't even find the Northern Water Tribe," Sokka said. "There's nothing up here."

"I wouldn't be so sure of that," I said as I grabbed onto the saddle just as ice started attacking us. I just about lost my lunch when Appa was spinning out of control, but we thankfully came to a stop when we were encased in ice. "I'm gonna be sick..." 

"They're waterbenders! We found the Water Tribe!" Katara said excitedly. 

"I really shouldn't be here," I said nervously as we approached the frozen gates. 

"You'll be fine, you're with me!" Aang said.

"Aang, I'm a firebender," I reminded him. "My brother was a soldier, my father is an advisor, and my sister is marrying Admiral Zhao, they're gonna lock me up as soon as they see me."

"Your sister is marrying who?" Sokka asked.

"Arranged marriages," I said waving a hand slightly. 

"We won't let them lock you up," Katara said firmly.

"I don't think you can control that," I told her gently. "And you can't hide who I am. You need them to help you, they need to trust you. If that means me being in prison, so be it."

"But-" Katara said sadly. 

"There it is!" Aang said

"The Northern Water Tribe," Katara said in wonder. 

"We're finally here," Sokka breathed.

"It's so beautiful," I said with admiration as they let us through the icy gate. When we got through, a group of waterbenders created waterfalls to raise us up higher so we could enter into the city. "This is so much more epic than the Royal Palace." 

"I can't believe how many waterbenders live up here!" Katara said in amazement. 

"We'll find a master to teach us, no problem!" Aang said.

"You should put some sort of handcuff on me," I said as they led us through the tribe. "That way they don't perceive me as a threat."

"I won't do that," Katara said angrily. 

"Besides, from what I've seen," Sokka began. "I don't think there is much that could hold you."

"This place is beautiful," Katara said, and then Sokka moved towards Appa's tail. 

"Yeah, she is," Sokka said dreamily as he gazed at a white-haired girl. I giggled, but my smile faded when we were escorted towards the palace. I made sure to leave all of my weapons on Appa, didn't want to make anybody freeze me.