six: Roku Island

"I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live up to what light I have."
~ Abraham Lincoln 

"Zuko, this is insane!" I said as I stood next to him on the ship. "First you almost attacked that village, and now this?!"

"Sailing into Fire Nation waters," Iroh said shaking his head. "Of all the foolish things you have done in your sixteen years, Prince Zuko, this is the most foolish."

"I have no choice, Uncle," Zuko said. 

"Have you completely forgotten that the Fire Lord banished you?!" Uncle Iroh asked before his face changed into one of worry. "What if you're caught?"

"I'm chasing the Avatar," Zuko said. "My father will understand why I'm returning home."

"You give him too much credit," Uncle Iroh said darkly. "My brother is not the understanding type."

"Please, Zuko," I pleaded. "Listen to him." 

"There they are!" Zuko sid and I looked up to see Appa. "Helmsman, full steam ahead!" 

A moment later the catapult came up, "what are you going to do, Zuko?! Shoot them down?!" Zuko didn't answer, "why would you do that?!" 

"Really, Prince Zuko, couldn't you shoot them down with something more fragrant?" Iroh asked as he fanned himself. 

"You need him alive!" I said to Zuko as he lit the smelly thing on fire. 

"On my mark.........Fire!" Zuko cried out, I watched nervously as they dodged it. I followed where Aang and his friends were going, and then my eyes widened in horror. "A blockade!"

"Technically you are still in Earth Kingdom waters," Uncle Iroh reasoned. 

"Turn back now and they cannot arrest you," I told Zuko. "Don't make me watch what they'll do to you." 

"He's not turning around," Zuko said. 

"Please Prince Zuko, if the Fire Nation captures you, there is nothing I can do. Do not follow the Avatar," Iroh pleaded. 

"I'm sorry, Uncle," Zuko said before turning back to the helmsman. "Run the blockade!"

"They're firing!" I said in alarm. 

"Xia," Iroh shouted. 

I nodded as I ran up the stairs to the top of the ship, "I don't really want to die today." 

"Hurry!" Iroh shouted. I got to the top of the ship and began to send massive blasts of fire at the fireballs to knock them off course before they could sink our ship. "Xia, look out!" Iroh warned, my eyes widened in horror as a bigger one came right for us. 

I took a deep breath and sent the biggest blast I possible could at it, it split in two, but landed on the back of the ship. "Prince Zuko, the engines are damaged! We need to stop and make repairs!" I heard someone shout, but I knew we wouldn't. 

"Do not stop this ship!" Zuko barked. 

"They're going to kill him!" I said in panic as I ran down the stairs. "Get the catapult ready!"

"It's not loaded!" Zuko shouted.

"Not yet," I said as I jumped into it.

"Xia, what on earth are you doing?!" Iroh demanded. 

"Unless you want Zhao to capture the avatar, you're gonna launch me," I said simply.

"Where?" Zuko asked.