seven: Pirates

"The petty thief is imprisoned but the big thief becomes a feudal lord."
~ Zhuangzi

"Stop trying to just punch me with fire!" I shouted at Zuko as I easily broke his blasts. I planted my feet, and clapped my hands together and caught the fireball in my hands. I turned my body around, and shot the ball of fire back at him. 

"Stop going easy on me," Zuko shot back. 

"Alright," I said brightly as I ran towards him. Zuko smired as he blocked my easy attacks, ducking and weaving against them. I dropped to the ground as fire soared over my head, and then I flipped backward, leaving a trail of fire behind my feet as I went. 

Zuko was about to send a huge blast at me, when we both stumbled to the side. I shrieked as I almost went flying overboard, but Zuko ran and caught me in time. "Thanks," I said as we regained our footing. 

"Someone's changing our course!" Zuko shouted. I looked at him flatly as I stopped the torrent of fire coming from my hands. Zuko marched up to the helmsman, "what's the meaning of this mutiny? No one told you to change course!"

"Actually, someone did. I assure you it is a matter of utmost importance, Prince Zuko," Uncle Iroh said. 

"Is it something to do with the Avatar?" Zuko asked. 

"Even more urgent," Iroh said, and I grew concerned. "It seems, I've lost my lotus tile."

"Lotus tile?" Zuko asked, I could see his eyebrow twitch. 

"For my Pai Sho game. Most people think the lotus tile insignificant, but it is essential for the unusual strategy that I employ," Uncle Iroh said. 

"You've changed our course for a stupid lotus tile?" Zuko demanded. 

"See, you, like most people, underestimate its value. Just give me ten minutes to check the merchants at this port of call," Uncle Iroh pleaded. "Hopefully, they'll have the lotus tile in stock and I can get on with my life!" 

"Please don't set the ship on fire," I said sarcastically as flames came out of Zuko's mouth. 

"I'm lucky to have such an understanding nephew," Uncle Iroh said. 

~*~

"Please, stop breathing fire," I said to Zuko as I walked around the market.

"I am not breathing fire!" Zuko snapped.

I raised an eyebrow at him, "sure, Mr. Dragon."

"Let's just keep looking," Zuko grumbled.

I smiled as we passed by the weapons, and then I thought I saw a white lotus tile, "there!" I said, but then I frowned. 

"It's a necklace," Zuko said.

I sighed, "I thought it might be it." 

"Why are there so many necklaces?" Zuko asked.

I picked up a lovely one of a sun, with a black ribbon, and a single diamond in the center. "Because they're pretty," I answered as I looked at the merchant. "How much?" 

"I can't believe you only bought a necklace," Zuko said as we walked out. 

"I have weapons, clothing, good food, and company," I said as I put it on. "The necklace was a bit frivolous, but I like it. How does it look?" 

Zuko looked at me before smiling, something he rarely truly did. "It suits you." 

"There's Iroh," I said and we walked up to him. "Any luck?"