Chapter 3

March 17, 2011

"Good Morning, Aija. You look lovely as always."

Aija looked up and beamed at one of the fellow doctors who without fail always came to say good morning to her. "Good morning, Dr. Dunn! What can I do for you this morning?"

Dr. Christopher Dunn handed her a file of papers, putting a hand on her shoulder. "Will you ask Dr. Mizuno to sign these when he gets the chance, please?" He requested, his charming smile already answering her question for him.

"Of course! I'll get it to him as soon as I can." She answered, taking the papers and putting them where she could remember to see them.

Christopher's grin signaled his satisfaction. "Thank you, Ma'am. Oh, and also when Shae comes in will you tell her to come to see me?"

Aija gave him a puzzled look. "I'm sorry, who?" Christopher put a hand on his head, groaning out, "Oh, that's right. You don't know who Shanae is. You've only been here what..."

"Two weeks," Aija confirmed. Christopher nodded. "Yeah, and Shae's been on vacation for that long too. She's one of the other nurses other than Anna Jane."

Once again there was puzzlement.

"Anna Jane? Oh, that's her real name?"

Christopher gave her an endearing smile and said, "Yes, Honey.  Aww, you really are brand new."

Aija ignored the growing heat in her cheeks and then smiled. "That may be, but that's okay. I'll catch up."

Christopher believed it and said, "I know you will. You'll see Shae in about thirty minutes. Are there any appointments coming up for me?"

Aija looked at the schedule quick like then replied, "Your earliest is at 9:15."

"All right then. Thank you, ma'am." Christopher said, before winking at her and leaving.

Aija watched after him and then bit her lip, knowing that underneath that white coat and dress shirt, there was a god under there. She could tell by the way his muscles strained against his shirts. That was a vision worth thinking about. She was daydreaming so much that she barely heard the door open. She noticed Hikaru walking in and brought her attention back to the present.

Hikaru came up to her area while reading the newspaper. He glanced up at Aija and gave her a once over before greeting, "Good Morning, Miss Edwards."

Aija regarded the young doctor, greeting back, "Good morning, Dr. Mizuno. How are you this morning?" Hikaru didn't answer. Instead, he motioned up and down with his fingers; beckoning. Aija was taken aback for a bit at the dismissal of her words and seeing her expression he squinted his eyes in question.

"Do I not have any messages or files you need to hand me?"

"Yes, sir. You do."  Aija got up and put the papers that Christopher had handed to her earlier in his hand and explained, "Dr. Dunn asks that you sign these. Also, your 10:30 called and said that she is definitely coming."

"All right." Hikaru acknowledged as he looked over the papers and from up above them, scanned over the white lace short-sleeved blouse and slender sea-green chiffon skirt Aija wore. For the next few minutes, he was captivated by her. Her dark hair was in a fishtail braid and she wore minimal amounts of makeup. She was sexy and sophisticated all at once and for the first time, Hikaru appreciated having such a lovely woman in this monotonous office.

"You look nice today, Aija." He murmured, though he kept his eyes on the papers.

Aija once again was taken aback by the fact that he both called her by her first name while complimenting her at the same time and as she sank back down slowly to put the phone piece back on her ear she replied, "Thank you, Doctor. You do as well."  Their stares then met and lingered. It was only for a minute but it seemed so much longer for Aija who could suddenly feel a warm stirring in her belly.