Chapter 7

April 24, 2011 / 9:15 am

Hikaru's feet dragged his body into his home, as he yawned loudly. He was done in. The thought of not having sex with Aija on Friday had spurred Hikaru to have sex with Nicole, a woman whom he had been intimate with many times before. She had welcomed him with open arms and the sex was good, but unfortunately, Hikaru kept seeing Aija instead of Nicole and it threw him off so much that he had to leave in the middle of it. Nicole was disappointed, but not as much as Hikaru who didn't understand why he was seeing her over and over. Maybe it was what he had heard earlier Sunday morning at an unusual weekend work meeting his father had set up.

"I've got a date." Andrew had boasted proudly. Jane frowned with an amused grin asking, "With whom, handsome?"

"With my cousin. He asked her out Saturday at the club." Shae answered, rolling her eyes while Christopher shook his head at his colleague.

Hikaru grinned as he asked, "Keeping it in the family right, Drew?"  Everybody laughed and Andrew shrugged helplessly. "Well to be honest...I wanted to ask Aija out first."

Hikaru's smile faltered a bit.  "Aija was at the nightclub too?" At the two doctors' nods, he then asked, "Why wasn't she here today?"

"She called in. Saying she was really achy all over." Jane said, shrugging. With a soft smirk, Hikaru pushed out the amusing yet flattering thought that he was the one who put her in her current situation as Andrew continued, "I was coming up to chat with her and there she was talking to this guy...saying that she was waiting for her boyfriend."

"Boyfriend?" Hikaru repeated in slight disbelief. This was front-page news to him. "Yeah." Andrew nodded while gathering some paperwork. "So, I left her alone and then saw the beautiful Mara."

"So my cousin was a rebound?" Shae asked, crossing her arms with a smirk.

"Yeah. No, wait! Damn, stop making this worse, Shanae!" Andrew exclaimed, flustered as everybody laughed around him.

Hikaru, however, wasn't laughing. He couldn't believe that all this time that they had sex, Aija had a boyfriend. Was she a cheater? Hikaru couldn't think of her like that, but the words came straight out of Andrew's mouth. He excused himself to head back to his house, all the while wondering why his heart was feeling so damn heavy.

He didn't dwell on it too much when he got home. His body was exhausted from the week-long sexual activity he had partaken in with the young receptionist. He wasn't sure how many orgasms he had experienced, but between that and working late, he was wiped out. A morning nap would surely do the trick- after some breakfast. After opening up his patio door, Hikaru put a pot of water on the stove and while it started to boil for some rice. When the water was ready, he added the rice before he headed to his bedroom. Seeing Yume lying comfortably at the bottom of his bed, made it even harder for Hikaru to keep his eyes open and so he walked over to his bed and without another thought, flopped over on top of it, asleep instantly. He was so deeply asleep that soon after he didn't even notice the smell of smoke in the air.

<<<<<< >>>>>

9:55 am

After her morning sprint, Aija jogged towards the condos behind her leashed dog and frowned seeing a patio with a pretty thick smoke cloud coming out. There weren't any flames though so that was a plus. "Come on, Prada. Let's hurry home so I can see what's going on." She wanted to make sure that somebody or something wasn't burning. She didn't want to do it so that she could be a hero, but she wasn't exactly looking to have her house burned down because somebody was irresponsible.