Chapter 11

4:37 pm

After that weird morning at Nakiah's and now freshly clean and dressed in a beige and red floral print sundress, Aija relaxed with Prada as she sorted out pictures of her past memories on the floor. Every end of the season she liked to rearrange things around and about the condo and so she was placing new pictures in the frames. She smiled at a photograph of her at twelve on her father's back while hugging his neck; both of them with big wide grins. She then put it in a separate pile of her father's pictures. The vibration of Aija's phone caught her attention and she smiled seeing Hikaru's name on the screen. 

"Well, hello Dr. Mizuno." She greeted, affectionately.

"Hello, kirei na. I was wondering what you were up to." His familiar voice came through the phone.

"Nothing really. I'm just sorting some photos." She blushed at the word kirei na which the doctor had previously told her meant beautiful.

"Well, what do you think about coming over here and watching some sappy Japanese movies with me, while eating some take-out? I'll even put the subtitles on for you."

How charming. "Ooh...a house date?"

Hikaru chuckled. "It could be. Bring Prada too because I'm sure that Yume could use a friend right now." Aija smiled as she looked at her dog and said, "We can't be bad owners and let them be lonely."

"Exactly...so when can I expect you?" Hikaru asked.

Aija looked down at her mess of photos and thought it over, "Give me about fifteen minutes to clean up. We'll be over there soon."

"Excellent. See you then."

After hanging up the phone, Aija transformed into a whirlwind, hurrying to put everything away in the right place. Prada scampered around her, her tail wagging furiously in excitement. "You ready for your date too, Prada?" Aija giggled out, feeling incredibly happy for the evening to come and who she was spending it with. Finished with her cleaning at the mentioned time, she grabbed her keys and her dog before heading out the door.

What she wasn't expecting to see was a woman at Hikaru's door knocking at the door. Aija slowly closed her own door and stood there silent, her head tilted in curiosity. The woman had long slightly curled brown hair and she was covered in a long black trench coat that seemed too warm for late spring. Aija's eyebrows raised; she had seen this scene too many times in movies and knew exactly what was going on.

The door opened and Hikaru appeared with a huge smile. The smile disappeared in shock as he saw that the woman in front of him wasn't Aija. Aija crept closer for a better chance of hearing.

"Nicole? What...what are you doing here?" He asked incredulously. He was not expecting to see his former sex partner instead of his beautiful neighbor.

"Wow. You're alive, Hikaru. That's just peachy to see seeing as I haven't seen you in almost a month." Nicole said to him, with a bright smile.

Hikaru frowned, still astounded. "How do you even know where I live?" The woman came a bit closer to him and he backed up, his eyes looking side to side for Aija since he knew she was due to come.

"Well, I might have followed you home once or twice from where you work. It's not fair that you always came to my house, Hikaru." Nicole explained with a slight pout of her lips. Hikaru frowned intensely at her words, crossing his arms. He tried to push the word stalker out of his mind that was lingering around.

"You know that was just sex between us, Nicole and that was months ago. You're violating my privacy doing this."

"Violating your privacy?" Nicole laughed as if that was the most ridiculous sentence heard. "I know it was for only sex. I just wanted to come over for a fix."