Chapter 27

October 21, 2011 / 4:20 pm

Dark eyes scanned the condo, making sure not a thing was out of place before resting on the soft smile of the woman standing to the side.

"Everything seems to be in place." Hikaru smiled over at Aija who nodded in agreement. She then twirled around slow gesturing to the space of the house.

"Your home is always the cleanest home I've ever seen, babe. I don't even know why you are worried about it."

Hikaru rubbed a hand to the back of his head with an increasing red on his cheeks and replied, "My mother taught me how to keep a clean house. She's famous for her own."

Aija nodded, looking away out the window. "I'll take your word for it."

Hikaru stared at Aija, noting her sudden sad tone and pulled her to him. He knew she wanted to meet his mother badly and adored her even more for that fact. "Don't worry, Koishii. You'll meet her one day, I promise. It's just..." He brought her chin up so she could see the truth in his eyes. "It's just not the best time for it. Understand?"

"Yes. I understand perfectly. But I hate that things are like this."

Kissing Aija's forehead, Hikaru chuckled out, "Same here."

The two stood there in there in the silence of Hikaru's home, hugging tight before Aija glanced up at the clock. "Ooh! I just realized that we only have fifteen minutes until they arrive here and don't have anything for them to eat!"

Hikaru raised an eyebrow at the sudden domestic side of his girlfriend. She always surprised him. "I mean, I was just going to order in."

"Not on my watch! Let me go and get some stuff to make for dinner. You just focus on getting the two settled." Aija said, pulling back to go and grab her purse.

Hikaru followed her taking his wallet out. "Here. Take my card and get whatever you need." At the look of protest Aija gave him, he gave his own challenging look. She still wasn't comfortable with him taking care of her and something inside him knew that she never would. Regardless, he was still going to do it and she knew that too.

Aija took the card with a dejected sigh and then after kissing him softly, headed for the door saying, "I'll be back soon."

"See you then." Hikaru watched her leave with a smile and then took a seat on the couch next to a lounging Yume to await his friends' arrival.

<<<<<<    >>>>>

5:10 pm

"Takumi! Yattajanai! You made it!" Hikaru exclaimed after he opened the door to see his best friend's smiling face. "Karu! I keep forgetting how awesome this place is! Nothing like the family house." Hikaru shook his head "No, not in the least."

Takumi set down his keyboard and bag and then came over to hug his best friend. "I like it better this way. It's more you." Hikaru grinned; glad that his friend knew him and understood him so well. He glanced outside and then looked at Takumi in question. "She was talking on her cell phone in the car. She should be here soon."

"Correction. She's here now!" Briseis said in a cheerful voice as she walked through the open doorway. "Aoi-chan!" Hikaru laughed out loud as he ran up and picked up Briseis, spinning her around. Brie's crystal blue eyes sparkled in glee. "Hisashiburi, Hikaru! Long time no see! You act like you haven't seen me in years."

"I know! How about that?" Both laughed; it had been three years since he had seen both Takumi and Briseis.

Takumi had a bit of a worried look and he said, "Careful Karu-kun. Don't spin her too fast."