Chapter 1

Kenzie's pov

*ping

I heard my phone vibrate  and opened it hurriedly under my beady teacher's eye.

"Sorry, Miss" I apologised hurriedly and turned my ringer on silent.

Unknown added you to 'ThE uSeleSs GanG🤪🤩

What the hell? Who's Unknown?

Unknown: Bitch u added the wrong number

Unknown: What?!? Oh sorry....

                                                                                                                                          You: It's fine, i'll leave...

Unknown: no staaay, what ur name?

                                                                                      You: Mackenzie Ziegler, but I like being called kenzie

Unknown: u in my physics class right? I'm Annie 

Unknown: and my math class

"Mackenzie? Is there something more interesting in your phone than here?" My teacher asked.

"No miss, sorry," I told her.

                                                                                                                                                    You: Guys I gtg, ttyl?

Unknown: sure bye

I closed my phone and slipped in my pocket nervously.

My sister, Maddie, is really popular in my school, like the queen bee. She's cute, clever and literally perfect. And I'm like the absolute opposite, that's why I have no friends. Maybe i'll fit in with these guys...?

"What the hell Kenzie? You don't even know them, don't act that desperate," my brain told me.

30 mins later

"Ok guys, school's over, you are all dismissed!" The teacher shouted. everyone left the class and I followed before being stopped by a familiar arm. 

"Hey kenz," my sister Maddie said to me.

"Hi mads," i replied. I hate it when she brings her popular group over to my locker just so she can talk to me. maddie just doesn't understand that I'm different to her and her 'cool group'.

"I'm going out with Cameron after school so you'll be alone, because mom's at work... that good with you?" She asked. I nodded quickly and turned around to walk home. I opened my phone and scrolled through my texts from this 'new chat'.

Unknown: Hey who's the wrong number?

Unknown: Kenzie Ziegler

Unknown: I think I know her...

You: hey guys this is like a bit weird.... 

I don't even know u guys and god 

knows u may be fucking old people!

Unknown: bahhahahaha hayden's defo at least 60

Unknown: Shut up

Unknown: yea, that's a possibility but we all 14-17 yrs old.

You: and who r u?