Chapter 22

I woke up to an unfamiliar scent and felt someone holding my hand. My eyes flickered open and I realised I was in a hospital bed and a red eyed Hayden was holding my hand. I smiled at him but then remembered that he was also ganging up against me earlier and let go hurriedly.

"Lauren I'm so sorry... truly, I should've stopped the others but instead I stood with them, I really love you, honestly," he said, his voice croaky. I really wanted to forgive him, tell him it was all alright but I wasn't doing this for me, I was doing it for Kenzie, and I couldn't let her down. Not after how much she's planned all this. I shook my head and closed my eyes tight.

"I don't want to talk right now Hayden," I said firmly and I felt him get up from beside the bed.

"Of course, I understand, I'm just really sorry-" he started again but I stopped him.

"Just go, please," I begged him, my voice as quiet as a whisper.

"LOLO!!!!!!" I heard a shouting, concerned Kenzie run through the door and I opened my eyes, smiling. She cake towards me and hugged me, while Hayden left.

"Hey there li'l cutie," I laughed and she giggled.

"How are you? I heard you had an um- encounter with the group?" She said softly and sat beside me. I nodded at her sadly.

"They hate me like hell but I can't leave you and Emily, I'm going to keep with the plan!" I smiled and she hugged me again and a slim figure walked through the door.

"How's my perfect bae?" The blonde asked and joined the hug.

"I'm good Em, you?" I asked smiling and she gave me a lopsided smile.

"Let's say I met the group outside and I guess their feelings haven't changed about me." She told me sadly and I shrugged.

"They'll come around," I told her and she nodded.

Suddenly all our phones pinged and Kenzie opened up her phone, when she looked at the notification, she sighed. Me and Emily gave her a confused look and she showed us the phone, it was a picture on Instagram, uploaded by Annie,

annieleblanc:

annieleblanc: I'm so sorry baby, please forgive me, I love u so fucking much

❤️: 157

Comments:

carsonlueders: She's not worth it Anns

johnnyorlando: Back off Carson

carsonlueders: Just saying bro

haydensummerall: I feel u Anns

sophiabirlem: You bitches got what you deserved

laurenorlando: It's too late Annie.

dariusmarcell: oooh she used the pEriOd.

I looked up at Kenzie and she shrugged apologetically.