Chapter 19

One Year Later

I got in my car turning the ignition for it to let out what sounded like the screams from hell. I jumped in my seat, holding my hand over my heart as I tried once again but the same ear splitting sound came from it. I threw my keys to the side and groaned. I was already sweating from how hot the summer was and now I would have to wait for someone to pick me up.

Grabbing my phone I called Cal, only to hang up quickly after reminding myself she was on her honeymoon. I scrolled through calling my dad and then my mom to receive nothing in return. Then Sarafina who answered but asked to call back as she struggled with what sounded like several screaming children. I sighed scrolling through pausing on the one name I hadn't thought of in a while. Pushing past the feelings I called Reaper, knowing he would just be managing the restaurant.

"hey baby girl." He greeted. "everything okay?"

"car wont stop, you think you can come pick me up?"

"ahh.. I would but club shit just came up. I'm gunna get a few prospects to help ya out that okay?"

I sighed. I hated prospects. "yeah it's alright, thanks."

He hung up after making me promise to let him know when they were there. After everything last year, I had gotten closer to my sister and her husband Reaper. They helped me through the months after Sleeper had left.

I thought back to then when I had been forced to up my therapy sessions and work through the problems that still lingered. Even after knowing those men had been taken care of, it still wasn't enough to fix the damage they had inflicted on me. It took a long time to get to where I was, and I was proud that I wasn't reliant on anyones continued presence in my life, even though my family was my support system.

After six months of continued therapy I was finally driving again. When my lease had ran up I moved back in with my parents, living alone didn't have the same appeal as it once did. I grew closer to the club, earning a lot of respect with the members for my willingness to immerse myself in club life and help out where I could.

Over the last year Cal and Viper had worked out their own issues and gotten married, they were currently on their two week honeymoon traveling on Vipers road king through the states.

After 30 minutes of waiting two prospects came driving into the hospital parking lot in a tow truck.

Mars and Lizard both stepped out of the truck walking over to greet me and check out what was wrong with my car.

"jesus who did you let work on this piece of shit last, Baby girl?" Lizard said opening the trunk. 

"pretty sure, Eyes did." I winced at the looks I received from both Mars and Lizard. "I know I know he's probably the worst person to ask for help but I needed my oil changed and no one else was available."

"alright, well we'll have to get 'er back to the shop, lets hook it up and get the fuck outta this heat." Mars explained. I climbed into the truck and sighed as the cool air conditioning blasted in my face. I wiped the sweat from my forehead as I rested my head against the back of the seat. 

"should we tell her?"

"no way, didn't you hear what happened? I'm not dealing with that shit." I overheard them talking, unaware the window was still down. I frowned wondering if it had to do with the club meeting Reaper had mentioned. I pushed the thought away as they two men got in the truck with me.

30 minutes later we were pulling up in front of the club house. I got out after Mars and slammed the truck door closed.