Pretzel Pete

Frank and Joe gathered the guys together during lunch to lay out the plans for that day. They made it perfectly clear that talking to Pretzel Pete was of the utmost importance, but so was keeping an eye on the Pollitt place. Slim and Pete quickly voiced that they might be able to do the lookout, provided that there was at least one other person so they could concentrate on their homework as well.

Biff shrugged. "I could help with the lookout again. I am the only other person besides you two who knows what that ship looks like."

Frank nodded with appreciation and relief. "That is true. Thanks Biff, I really appreciate it."

Biff shot him a grin. "No problem man."

Chet spoke up. "I'll help too. You guys did find my car pretty quickly, it's the least I could do."

"Thanks Chet. Well, with the four of you, I think that's covered."

"But, what should we do?" asked Jack, indicating himself, Jerry, Tony, and Phil.

"Besides homework," Jerry quickly added with a quick glance at Pete. Pete grinned.

Frank chuckled. "As long as you do your homework, you can follow us."

They glanced at each other before Tony asked, "But, you said that just you and Joe were going to meet this Pretzel Pete."

Joe nodded. "He did, and we are, but we do need people to be on the lookout if something were to happen. It was the only way mom would agree to let us go meet him."

A grin began to spread on Tony's face. "Can Phil and I keep an eye from the Napoli?"

Frank grinned. "Sure! That's a great idea! You two keep an eye from the ocean side, while Jack and Jerry can keep an eye from the land side. Perfect!"

"Which means that Jack and Jerry will be our communications. If something happens at the Pollitt place, text Jack and Jerry first. They'll let you know if it's alright to contact us," Joe told the other four.

Frank nodded. "We don't want any unnecessary interruptions while we're in this meeting."

"Do you really think it's going to take that long?" sked Slim.

Frank shrugged. "We don't know, we're just going to be prepared for anything right now." The others nodded. The bell rang, startling them.

"Lunch is over already?" blurted Joe as he tried to quickly eat as much as he could.

"Joe, just come on!" blurted Frank as the group dashed off to their classes.

"We'll meet you at your house!" blurted Pete before he and Slim left the group.

Later, as the boys pulled into the garage, Joe let out a heavy sigh. "I can't wait for school to be over. Solving mysteries would be so much easier when we're not having to worry about schoolwork."

Frank chuckled. "Just a couple more days, Joe, you can hold out until then, right?"

Joe shot him a look as the two walked towards their house. "Are you nuts? We still have Field Day on Friday, finals on Tuesday, and the graduation on Wednesday! Ugh, why can't they just finish it all this week?"

Frank sighed. "You know why. That blizzard pushed us back a few days."

Joe threw up his hands. "I know, it was a rhetorical question, sheesh." He opened the door, and the two walked in to find their mother sitting on the sofa with a bright smile on her face.

Frank gasped. "Did Dad call?"

She laughed, but she nodded. "You know my signals way too well."