-. xvii.

Taehyung seethed through his teeth as he tried to clean the new wound on his eyebrow.

He knew Yoongi would find out, he wasn't naive enough to believe he'd get away with what he did, he just wanted Soojin to heed his warning and stay far away from this.

Sighing, he held onto the basin, his head dipping low as a feeling of dejection washes over him. He had a feeling she wouldn't listen to him, hell, if that was him and Jungkook, he wouldn't have listened to anyone either. But now he felt like he had lost yet another person he cared for.

He felt stupid, ridiculous even to have grown such an attachment to someone he knew he was supposed to stay distant from, but he couldn't help it. He just enjoyed her company.

Once the he had managed to de-clump his eyebrow hairs from the crimson clue, he winced as the sight of the split skin. It wasn't big, and it wasn't deep, but it still hurt.

Taehyung felt utterly useless, Yoongi had taken his phone away so he couldn't contact neither Jungkook nor Soojin like some parent disciplining their teenager, but this was all Taehyung had known for years now. Yoongi had broken him and Jungkook to the point where fear felt like a regular emotion... that was until they managed to switch it all off.

But he couldn't switch this off.

He couldn't switch off the trepidation that built in his chest as his head echoed Yoongi's threat like a mantra, "Don't worry Taehyung, I'll make sure Junkook is well aware of what you've done."

And there he was, with no way to contact his best friend to let him know. No way to contact Soojin to see if she managed to get away.

For the first time in a while, he was truly alone.

He slumped down against the wall, his knees brought up to his chest as he let his thoughts run where his body couldn't. Still frustrated, he began to bang the back of his head against the wall, not hard, but enough that it made a noise, his eyes dull as they scanned over the same dilapidated room he had been in for a year now.

He was about to stand up again, restless and irritated when he heard a noise and it didn't come from his head.

It was a knock from the other side of the wall.

a/n;
another short chapter, yikes!
i'm just trying to set the scene, don't
@ me patricia