-. xix.

ten points to anyone who can decipher the chat between hoseok and soojin

instagram dm's •

limpdicksoojin
hobi

so i'm bored and i was
thinking, do u remember
the time we went to your
grandma's for peaches
and cream??

junglehoseok
Peaches and cream?

Yeah I remember, why?

limpdicksoojin
idk man

i just really miss the peaches
and cream i guess lol

junglehoseok
Bet

There was the time the fake
ass bitches gave us tinned
peaches though... are you
talking about the real kind?

limpdicksoojin
100% the real kind

lowkey wanna reminisce
with yoonmin, but he wasn't
there

junglehoseok
Lmao loser

Do you remember where
my grandma used to live??

Just to test the old memory

limpdicksoojin
i can't

i just remember she had
her apartment boarded up
from that infestation she had
so we couldn't see anything
🤢

____________________________

A sense of helpless frustration bubbled in Soojin's chest as she looked at the most recent post from her best friend

A sense of helpless frustration bubbled in Soojin's chest as she looked at the most recent post from her best friend. While there was still a sense of relief to know he was unharmed, it boiled her blood to see Yoongi so close to him knowing what kind of monster he really was.

But then she noticed something.

Inhaling sharply, she stood to her feet, rushing to the adjacent wall before knocking repeatedly, her urgency shown through actions.

There was a slight fumble on the other side before she heard a, "Are you okay?"

"I know how to find out where we are."  The words tumbled from Soojin's mouth as she pressed her ear against the wall, "I don't know how he knew what to do, but Hoseok's given me a clue."

"What is it?"

"He tagged his location and he's with Yoongi now, if he's back soon we know we're not far from home." Soojin smiled with relief despite the fact that no one could see it, "This is a step in the right direction, Taehyung, this is a step closer to getting out of here."

There was a brief pause before Taehyung replied, his voice small, "I hope so."

"And if Hoseok gets what I was saying, he's going to tell Yoonmin about this." Soojin continued, hoping to lift Taehyung's spirits if not by a little. She would have gone straight to Yoonmin with the code since he also knew it, but she didn't want to underestimate Yoongi— she knew it would be too risky to go straight to a cop, even if they were friends.

A silence fell between them, as thick as the wall that kept them separated and Soojin exhaled slowly, resting her head against the plaster, "I never thought I'd be in this situation ever. I always made sure to private my accounts."

A pang of guilt tightened in Taehyung's chest as he brought his knees closer to his chest, "I know, and I'm sorry I did what I did to you," He hoped she could hear the sincerity in his words as he spoke, "But if it's any consolation, I'm really glad I met you."

Soojin's lips quirked, "I'm... glad I met you too. You know, despite the backwards catfishing."

Taehyung snorted, "Yeah, apart from that." He rested his chin on his kneecaps, "I hate what I've been turned into. I've just been bent and broken so many times... I don't want it to happen to anyone I care about, and I know Yoongi won't think twice."

Soojin's brows weaved upwards, "How did this even happen to you?"

"It's..." Taehyung sighed, unable to find the right words that won't diminish whatever shred of respect Soojin may have had for him, "We have history, bad blood. I'm here because he sees this as a punishment. And he's not wrong."

"What happened?"

"What's this? A story-time without me?"

Gasping, Soojin's head snapped towards the door where Yoongi stood with his head cocked to the side. Her heard thumped loudly in her ears and her mouth dried at the sight of him, at the prospect of what he was there to do.

But at least now she knew she was still in Sokcho.