-. .xxx.

Hoseok's words felt like a lead weight in her stomach.

Yoongi was still somewhere in that house. It didn't feel possible, she checked every room, wouldn't he have attacked her already if he'd seen her?

No. This is a game to him. Soojin kept her death grip on the hilt of the kitchen knife as they stumbled forward, the floorboards protesting under the extra weight, the sound mixing with Hoseok's terrified and ragged breaths. She couldn't look at him without feeling a stab of guilt in her heart. Had she never engaged in responding to Taehyung, or Junseok, her best friend would have never been put in such an awful position.

"I'm so sorry," She whispered, already feeling her vision swim and her voice waver. Hoseok didn't respond, but instead squeezed the hand that held his over her shoulder, trying to offer her a comforting smile as he did, though with the state of his face, it looked more like a pained grimace.

Just as they approached the top of the stairs, a prominent creak sounded from behind them and Soojin inhaled sharply, turning around enough to see the hollow smile on Yoongi's face.

"Ah, Lim Soojin," He sighed, words slicing through the silence like a knife through butter, "You are stupidly predictable."

Trembling, Soojin raised the knife, gritting her teeth as she glared at him, "Stay the fuck back, you can't hurt us anymore."

Yoongi raised his brow, unfazed as his fiery gaze flicked down to the blade before back up at the woman's face, lips crooked, "How foolish. You haven't slept properly in days, Soojin, even from looking at your face I can tell you're exhausted, do you really think a kitchen knife is going to stop me from winning?" He sighed, "Your statistics would have risen greatly if you spent tonight resting and resumed tomorrow. Maybe even then, you might have really stood a chance of winning, but I can see you shaking, Soojin. You can barely carry your own weight, much less Hoseok's."

"You're fucking crazy," She spat, feeling the cold sweat of her palms loosen her grip on her weapon, "I'd never give you time to kill him."

"Actually," Yoongi grinned, but it looked twisted, unnatural as he took slow steps towards them, his hands clasped neatly behind his back. It felt like mockery, proving how unthreatening he found Soojin, "Regardless of what you think, I wouldn't have killed him." Another pause, "Well, actually, I might have, but it wouldn't be because I wanted to."

"Why are you doing this? We haven't done anything to you!"

"Oh, come on, Soojin, how slow are you?" Yoongi groaned, "We've been over this. Do you think any of the girls I killed deserved their ends? There was nothing that made you different to the others. You were just another target, another stupidly gullible woman ready to buy into whatever lies were told. The only reason your value went up to me was because Taehyung's behavior began to change. That's it, that's all there is to it," He looked over to the man slouched over Soojin's shoulders, "And as for Hoseok; collateral."

Soojin's mind was reeling, trying to find ways she could buy them time, but Yoongi had managed to best her with every potential trick she had.

He was right, she was in no state to win against him.

"Hoseok," She exhaled slowly, her voice barely an octave above a whisper, "Listen to me, Yoonmin is on his way, okay? You need—"

Before she could even finish her sentence, Hoseok clutched her free hand with all his might and tugged her down the stairs, his balance wobbly and his legs trembling with each step until he staggered to the bottom. Just as they were about to reach the front door, Soojin's grasp was ripped from Hoseok's with a scream as Yoongi grabbed a fistful of her ponytail, dragging her back to him. In one fluid motion he knocked the blade from her hands whilst she was taken by the shock and grabbed the hilt before it fell to the floor and pressed it against Soojin's neck, the cool steel was enough for her to suck in a breath, stiffening underneath it.