-. .xiv.

Three days.

It had been three days since Taehyung joined Soojin in that room and he felt utterly helpless.

This wasn't like the movies, where they could come up with a precarious plan to break free. They had nothing to use and the pipes were too solid to pull away from them. Everything they tried, failed and in return, Yoongi punished them for trying.

There was only one thing they could do for each other, was distract their minds. Every time Yoongi left them, no matter how hoarse their voice was from yelling or crying, no matter how broken and bruised their bodies were, they talked to each other about anything and everything until they could fall asleep.

Taehyung was certain it was the only thing keeping him sane.

"You know, when we get out of here," He started, resting his back against the wall, elbows resting against his knees, "I'm going to do it all again, I'm going to do it properly." He looked over to Soojin's horizontal form at the other end of the room, "I'm going to date you without all the deceit. It's just going to be you and me."

Soojin chuckled horsely, lethargically turning on her side to look at Taehyung, "Bold of you to assume I'll say yes."

At that, the man grinned, for a brief moment it reached his eyes despite the dull ache from his bruised cheek, "You will. And we'll go to the movies, we'll go out for food and at the end of the night, I'll walk you all the way to do the door, just so I can spend as much time with you as possible."

There was a brief pause, "And what if I let you in?"

Taehyung quirked his brows, irritating the split that ran down the left one, but he managed to quirk his lips, "I wouldn't let you regret it."

She laughed lightly, turning her attention to the ceiling, and Taehyung noticed the crusted blood that had dried around her swollen lip and sighed, holding his head low, "I'm so sorry I did this to you."

Soojin frowned, groaning as she pushed herself up onto her elbows, "You've said this every day so far."

"Because I mean it," Taehyung met her eyes. She could see the sincerity and the pain in his expression and she wanted to do nothing more than reach out to him.

She wished she could tell him it was okay, but it wasn't. She wished she could tell him that they're going to get out of here, and he can date her the way he wanted to, but she couldn't. She couldn't entertain herself with any fantasy world where they get out of this. They had both been hit, their brains had been picked at and even though she had Taehyung, she had lost all faith of being saved.

This was where she was going to die.

But at least she had him.

Grunting, she began to shuffle along the rotten, splintered floorboards, the chain clinging in the protest of movement.

"What are you doing?"

"Shut up and move closer." She grumbled.

Taehyung's eyes flitted to the camera hesitantly, "You know he's going to lose his shit."

"He's already been today and as for tomorrow," Soojin scoffed, "I don't care."

The chains didn't give them much leeway, but it was enough that when she stretched herself out, she could reach him. He sat there, watching her carefully as she pulled her sleeve over her hand. Tentatively, she brought it up to his face to wipe away the blood that was still fresh from Yoongi's recent visit. He hissed at the sudden contact, but didn't flinch away.

She exhaled slowly, resting her hand on his cheek, "For what it's worth," Soojin lifted his chin so he was made to look her in the eyes as she offered him a slight smile, "I'm sorry this is happening to you, too. I have so many things I want to tell you, but I can't. I'm just... if this is really it," Soojin glanced around the dilapidated apartment with a bitter laugh, "If this is where I'm really going to die, not knowing what the fuck kind of messed up shit I'm really in, then at least it's with someone I don't entirely hate."

Taehyung opened his mouth, ready to reply when something else caught both of their attention.

A voice. It was too distant to make out, but they both stiffened, eyes widening.

Was it Yoongi?

No. The closer to came, the more panicked it sounded. The more familiar it sounded.

"Hoseok? Are you here?"

Soojin's jaw fell ajar as she scrambled to her feet, rushing towards the front door only to be stopped by the chain around her ankle, "Yoonmin? Yoonmin!" She bellowed, wincing, her throat feeling like it had been peeled into ribbons.

There was movement from outside, like someone was running along the front balcony,  "Where are you?"

An overwhelmed whimper broke from her lips as she began to rattle the chain as loud as she could. Suddenly, noting else in the world mattered if it meant that there was even slight possibility they'd get saved, "We're in here!"

There was an abrupt bang on the door to the apartment they were trapped in and Taehyung finally stood to his feet.

"Soojin? Are you in there?"

Hearing the familiar sound of her friend's voice, Soojin's eyes began to well as she nodded her head vigorously despite Yoonmin being unable to see, "Yes, I'm here."

"Is Hoseok with you?"

Her heart dropped, "What? No, is he okay?"

"Hold on," Yoonmin's voice was muffled through the wood as he stepped back, reeling his leg back, he aimed it towards the handle of the door and kicked it with all his strength. The lock splintered, breaking away as the door swung open. He looked in, immediately spotting his friend and another man, both restrained by shackles that were too tight.

"Oh my god," He gasped, "Don't worry, back-up are already on their way, are you okay?"

Hearing those words paired with the sudden relief flooding through her body, Soojin began to sob uncontrollably, being brought into a tight hug by Yoonmin, who furrowed his eyes looking over to where Taehyung stood— the latter still trying to process everything that had just happened.

"Junseok?" Yoonmin immediately recognized the face that had been infiltrating his newsfeed recently, "Whar the hell us going on?"

"It's... it's a long story," Taehyung shook his head, "You were asking about Hoseok?"

"Yeah, he was the one that tipped me off about this place, I told him to stay put but he didn't listen. His car is outside... but he's nowhere to be seen."

Soojin's breath hitched. She may be out of Yoongi's talons but she was far from his grip, and she knew it, "We need to go."

a/n
this is not edited lol,
my screen is too cracked for me
to know how many mistakes
reside in this chapter pls
forgive me

so shit is heating up,
huh... 👀