CHAPTER X

Sadiq decides to take the quiet route today. He has never jogged down the road before but today, something in him just wants to follow there. The road was so quiet that one can easily be kidnapped or even get rape. He thought about going back but was stop by a scream.

He listen closely to where the noise came from. He traced the noise and was shock to see two men holding a lady down. A car was also packed on the middle of the road. The lady was helplessly stilled on the ground ,that was when he came out of his shock.

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE ?" he roared in anger.

He hate the idea of witnessing such atrocity most especially rape. It's one of the most common crime now in Nigeria. It hurts him whenever a news is said about a lady being raped . That is something he would never wished to happen to his family not even his enemy. He couldn't imagine what the lady was feeling right now.

He didn't even know when he move forward in full speed to attack  the two men. He has the upper hand since he was more burly than they are. He grab the one on top of her and start to punch the living hell out of him. The other tried rescuing his friend by hitting sadiq on the head with a stone. The stone did nothing to sadiq ,instead ,it ignite a fire in him. He was in rage . He was totally disgusted by them, they really are a disgrace to the society.

" how dare you?" he kick and punch the two of them. Already ,the first man was weak, he couldn't do anything as sadiq kept bashing them.

" please forgive us, we would never do it again, please " they painfully scream out.

He didn't heed to their pleas, he kept punching and hitting them " I will make sure to leave a mark on you. It will always remind you of me so that next time you will never ever try repeating such act. Only Allah knows how many young ladies you have destroyed.You are animals that need to be lock up far away from the world. "

The punch never seized to stop. When he got tired of using his hand, he used his leg.

" please  oga we are sorry, please forgive us"

" shut the h___

They were interrupted by a choking cough. Sadiq had forgotten about the lady that he was too preoccupied bashing the men. He quickly ran to her side. She was trying to get up but failed miserably.

" let me help you up miss" he said and held her hand. She quickly withdrew her hand back in fear.

" please don't hurt me, please. I have enough money in my car, take it instead " she cower in fear not looking up at him.

Sadiq wasn't able to see are face because she was covering  it  up with her hand in fear that maybe he wants to slap her as the goons had done  before she became unconscious.

" miss, I'm sorry you misunderstood me. I'm not one of the goons, please don't be afraid. I won't hurt you" sadiq said in a soothing voice.  She wants to believe him but was still shaken up by what had happened.

He bend down since she was on the ground " try looking at my face to verify my point. I'm not one of them, I promise "

She shakily brought her hand down to look at him. The two were shock to see each other.

" you? "

" spoilt brat"

The two goons noticed that sadiq's attention was now on Rahama so they finally got up and ran for their lifes. They sure will never forget the beaten because it sure will leave some scar.

" you caused all this" she kept muttering as she hit his chest " it all your fault, how could you do this to me" she screamed and more tears poll down her face.