CHAPTER XL

Rahama stride angrily to her friends. She was boiling in jealousy at what just happened at the entrance of the hall. How dare them! What gave them the right to  make me feel like this?. That stupid rahama, what does she take herself as? Just because she is close to sadiq, must she flash that her stupid smile at him?. Sigh, to hell with all of them .

" Girl calm down, why were you walking as if someone stole something from you "  badiyya asked as rahama got closer.

Rahama flare her nose as she exhale. Technically ,someone actually stole something from her. He wasn't even hers to begin with, so why does all these affect her so much?, she thought.

" Nothing happened " she said instead with a forced smile.

Sakeena moved forward " you don't get to say that because what we just saw said otherwise. What happened at the restroom? "

She shook her head " I said nothing happened. I just felt like walking faster to you guys " she shrug

Badiyya shared a look with sakeena. They knew it has something to do with sadiq. They saw him walking out through thesame door rahama just walked in from.

" it's my brother isn't it? "

Rahama pout" of course he is the one. I don't know what he think of himself! Must he rub it in my face that the other rahama is his friend? " she said in distaste

The other two shared a secret smile " now I get what this is all about. You're jealous that's it"

" NO!, I'm not. I'm not jealous!" she gritted out " I'm annoyed that's all"

" annoyed? "

" yes!. The worst is that he referred me as Mansir's wife!. I mean, who told him that I was married to Mansir for God's sake? " she exclaimed

" OK, calm down. This might be some kind of mistake" badiyya reasoned

Rahama looked at her with a raised brow" a mistake? I don't think that was a mistake. He said it as if he was sure of what he was saying "

" Don't worry, I will explain all to him. I will tell him that you aren't married "

" please don't. I see no difference if you do. That won't make him come back to me. Infact he will only look at me in pity  or worst tease me about me" she told badiyya with a shake of head

" why do you always want things to turn out negative. You might be surprised that he still likes you . Maybe he hasn't said it because he thought you are married to Mansir. Its best you tell him or I explain it to him"

Rahama knew what badiyya said might be true but what got her thinking is why badiyya was so sure that sadiq likes her.

" why are you so sure that sadiq likes me?" she asked  badiyya this bugging question

" Good question" badiyya grinned widely  "I confirmed it myself from him"

" how? " Rahama queried with furrowed brows

" Two years ago, I had  this serious conversation with yaya sadiq on the phone. I told him about you getting married to Mansir, yaya sadiq was almost at the verge of busting in  jealousy. Then and there I asked him if he likes you and guess what yaya's reply was? Yaya's answer was 'yes'. He said it without any mistake. But unfortunately, when it was remaining just two weeks to your wedding with Mansir, yaya told me to please stop giving him any update about you since you would soon become someone else's. That was how we stopped talking about you. Now I get why he thought you are married to Mansir. That is because no one has told him about your harsh break up with him yet. "