CHAPTER XXXV

Kamilah was  discharged today.

Because of so much pressure and stress ,she wasn't able to deliver the baby herself. The doctor suggested that she should be operated on and that was how it was done. She had spent two good weeks in the hospital. She gave birth to a bouncing baby boy that looks so much like his father. No doubt about it.

" little cry cry baby" Sumayya cooed softly as she touch his cheeks. He looks so adorable

" Don't mind him. I'm definitely sure he took after his father because I know his mom wasn't too much of a cry baby." Maman Sumayya said as she looks at Kamilah with a smile.

Kamila was already deep in thought at the utterance of the word ' his father'. She hasn't told them who the father is yet and they also didn't bother to ask about it. They knew she would tell them when she was ready to.

" But their is something that you were so good at doing " Said maman Sumayya slyly.

Kamila repaired the child's head and glanced over at maman safiyya. " and what is that?"

" yes me to, I want to know " Sumayya smiled. She was so eager to hear.

Maman Sumayya chuckled at the two young ladies. " OK. You love it when your dad carries you. There is a time your dad almost resigned because of you. In fact not almost, he did resigned .That was before he has a company of his own"

" what!!! How? "

" your crying always begins anytime he was about to go to the office. It was as if you already knew the time he was going to work and he couldn't bear seeing you cry so he would waste a little more time to pet you to sleep. After you fell asleep, that was his escape root. Their isn't any day he wasn't scolded at his office for coming late but he wasn't even a bit disturb by it. This habit of your was like a determination for him" maman Sumayya shook her head and smile.

" what could the determination be? " Kamila asked in wonder

" your tears"

" I don't get you?"

" your tears made him determined to be an independent person. He started his business with the little money he had as at  the time. I could remember what he said when your Mom asked him why he would just resigned just like that. He said ' with this business of mine I can be the boss of myself and I can also have time for my little angel whenever she needs me. I don't want to ever see her in tears'." Maman Sumayya chuckles

" your mom nagged and nagged. She even pleaded with him not to resign because as at then, they were struggling. Their wasn't enough money and the only source of money was coming from your father's job .The one he stupidly resigned as your mom always says . "

" your mom finally got tired of the nagging because she knew your dad wouldn't even hear any of it. Sometimes when she looks at you, she always wonder why you always cry when it was time for your dad to leave for work. She even got scared thinking it was some kind of evil spirit  but your dad scolded her to stop saying rubbish. It came naturally,he always says. To him it was a bond between a father and his daughter. "

" That even made him more determined. Two years later, he became a owner of a company . Although, that company wasn't as big as the present one but it was still a company. His success began from there" Maman safiyya ends her story

" Wow! That was something " Sumayya mutters

Kamila sobs quietly. What have she done? She thought. She had totally dissapointed her parents and she knows her mom is highly disappointed with her where ever she is right now . I let my father down. I finally disgraced him.