CHAPTER XLIII

The room was quiet.

The only noise that could be heard was sadiq constant tapping on the wood table. Rahama had her head down. She isn't  sure of how  to start the conversation since the guy in front of her is not ready to say anything. She heaved a small sigh and then raise her head . She cleared her throat to get his attention and he glanced at her with a brow raised

" what is it? " he asked when he saw that she was looking.

She internally rolled her eyes. She knew he would be unbearable .

" How have you been? " she asked. Really!  is that the right way to start up a conversation?, she thought and mentally groaned embarrassed.

He chuckled with a slight shake of head " are you seriously asking me that now? "

She took a deep breath to refrain herself from retorting back to him.

" look sadiq, I know what you might be thinking " she started

He snorts" and what is that thing I might be thinking? "

She rolled her eyes " that I'm trying to be civil with you because you're now rich, I know that's how you see it. I only want to apologize for all that I have done in the past. I've always wanted to apologize even before you left but I guess I was too late. "

" look here rahama, I don't give a damn about all that. Just tell me the main reason why I'm still sitting here. I know this was planned by aunty yasira, that woman has forgotten that I know how she does her things"

Rahama was caught by surprise with what he said. This guy sure knows how to guess things or does he read minds?

" OK fine. Yes you're right. This whole sitting alone of a thing was planned but still yet I had always want to apologize"

He squint his eyes " just apologize? "

" yes" she grumbled out as she pick on her nails.

He laughed wholeheartedly " I'm not a fool. I know their is something else. " his voice turned soft " tell me rahama. What is it you're trying to hide? "

She scoffed " Nothing. I hope I'm forgiven? "

Sadiq smirked " actually, you've got nothing to apologize for. I hold zero grudges against you!"

She was confused " then why were you so cold to me at the party? "

" I wasn't cold to you"

" of course you were. Your eyes says it all that I had done something terrible which you don't like and I am very sure it because of how I once treated you. "

" then believe whatever you want. I have said what I want to say" he stood up from the chair and was about to walk away. Rahama quickly held his hand

" wait! " she softly let out

Sadiq was caught by surprise with her action . He looked at her hand which was still by the way holding his. She realized her mistake and quickly withdraw her hand back with a bit of blush on her cheeks.

He smirk " what is it again, rahama ?"

Rahama? He said her name for the first time since he got back,she thought to herself. And here she was already getting used to him calling her spoilt brat.

" You can't just leave like that. Please just tell me whatever it is that I had done to you which made you behave that way at the party? .Since you said it wasn't how I once treated you,  please tell me what other offense have I made"