Christmas Eve

A/N - hey y'all so my Wattpad cut of the most important part of my chapter The Office so I've fixed it just an FYI

Alexander's POV

   I'm cold and hungry and weak. Wonderful. John left a few hours ago and I can't move. I shakily sat up and huffed. I figured I could make it to the elevator and get to Laf's before passing out so I slid out of bed and collapsed in the elevator. I laid helplessly on the floor and the doors slid open.
   "Laf!" I called weakly. "Laf! Herc! Somebody!" I felt myself slipping and loosing consciousness.
   "Alex? ALEX! MON AMI, WHAT HAPPENED?" I passed out.

   "Alex!" I blinked and found myself on the couch in Laf's penthouse. Herc was trying to wake me and Laf was standing on the phone.
   "Oh, wait. He's up." Laf winced and handed me the phone.
   "Alex! Baby? What happened?" John nearly shouted, I winced and cleared my throat.
   "I'm hungry." Herc took off and John was silent for a second.
   "YOU ALMOST DIE BECAUSE YOURE HUNGRY! DO YOU KNOW HOW WORRIED I WAS? LAF CALLED ME AND SAID YOU WERE PASSED OUT IN HIS ELEVATOR! YOU SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF ME!" He was sobbing and I felt bad. "I love you so much. You can't scare me that. I love you too much. You need to stay warm and off you're feet, baby. You're sick. I need you, Alex. You can't do stuff like this, ok?"
   "Yes, John." I mumbled, I felt bad. I felt horrible. I love him so much and he's crying because of me.
   "I'm sorry for yelling at you, baby. You just scared me really bad."
   "I'm sorry."
   "I know. I am too. I should come home."
   "No! You're dad would kill you! I need you home after hours in one piece." John sighed heavily and sniffed. "Are-...Are you crying?"
   "I-...yeah. I'm just so worried about you. I'll be fine. I'll just think of how cute and loving you are and-" John started laughing. "I'm already smiling. Stay safe. I'll be back in a few hours. I love you."
   "I love you too." John hung up and I sighed. I burst into tears and covered my stupid face with my hands. "IM A TERRIBLE PERSON!" I wailed, Herc came back with a grilled cheese and Laf dig around in a drawer. He covered me in blankets as I sobbed and hated myself.
"Alex, you're not a terrible person." Herc sat on the couch next to my hip and smiled down at me. "You just scared John, that's all. He's not mad at you. He's just thankful you're alive and hopeful that you won't do this again."
"He'll never love me again!" I wept, Herc sighed and handed me a grilled cheese.
"He never stopped. What was the last thing he said on the call?"
"'I love you'." I mumbled.
"That's right. Now John is going to come home after work and whisk you away back upstairs and give you all of his love. Now eat the food you passed out for." I giggled and ate the grilled cheese.

   "ALEXANDER?" John tackled me in a hug and kissed me all over my face. "I was so worried! I love you so much!"
   "I'm sorry I worried you, Johnny." He pulled me out of the blankets and I shivered.
   "Oh, you're still cold?" I nodded and John kept me close. "Let's get you home, baby girl."

   "Why is it so fucking cold?"
   "Baby, it's hotter than hell in here." John chuckled and kissed me gently. "You have hypothermia. You'll be ok."
   "Are you telling me or yourself?" I grinned.
   "Myself. I love you and I can't loose you. Promise me you'll never run away?"
   "I promise, John." We shared a sweet kiss and John situated me in his lap. He had rolled me up in a blanket burrito and we were sitting in the couch with Mac and cheese. "So how was work, baby?"
   "Agonizing."
   "Aw, I'm sorry, Princess. Why was it agonizing?"
   "Well Martha and then my dad and Jefferson and UGH!" I laughed and John hugged me. "I'm so glad I found you."
   "Would cuddles help?"
   "Cuddles always help." John grabbed the remote and grinned. "Now you can watch Supernatural."

   I woke up in the middle of the night to John moaning and tossing next to me. I frowned and touched his shoulder. He was soaked in sweat and I cupped his cheek. He seemed to be having a nightmare. It didn't help that the heater was boiling him alive. I got up and sprinted into the kitchen so I wouldn't wake John.
   "Alexa, turn on the A/C." She obeyed and cool air flowed into the apartment. I rushed back to John and pulled the blankets off of him. I shook him awake and he gasped. He sobbed into my chest as I held him in my arms and cooed calming things. I brushed his hair back and kissed his forehead. He started to calm down and I squeezed him tight.
   "Lexi-" he breathed, I tangled my fingers in his brown curls and kept him close to me. "I love you."
   "I love you too. What happened, baby boy?"
   "I had nightmare. My dad threatened you and hurt you and I couldn't do anything." He sobbed.
   "Oh, baby. I'm right here. I love you and I'm ok." John sniffed and I cupped his face in my hands. "Hey, if your dad wants piece of this he's gonna have another thing comin'." John giggled and I laid him down. I shivered and John realized he wasn't boiling alive.
   "Baby, no. You can't turn the A/C on. Alexa-" I clasped a hand over his mouth.
   "Johnny, you're burning up. You're gonna get a fever. You're already sweating. I'll burrito myself in more blankets and I'll be ok. I love you and I need you to be ok."
   "Fine but I just want you to know that you're fucking stubborn and I love you." I giggled and rolled up in the blankets. John made a hole for my head and held me close. That was how we slept.