Two

A/N - f L u F f

John's POV

   Alex yawned and I chuckled. "Good morning, Peaches." I cooed, he looked around and closed his eyes again.
   "How long have you been up?"
   "Not too long." I stroked his hair and he traced a line on my bare chest.
   "I love you, John."
   "I love you too, Alex." I kissed his head and he giggled a bit. "Did you dream?"
"No..." Alex told me that he rarely has dreams and when he does he can't remember. "Did you?"
"Yeah...I dreamt that we had a son and we were very happy." I kissed him gently and he giggled. I carefully climbed on top of him and we started making out. He ran his left hand up and down my chest and kept his right hand on my cheek. Alex winced a bit and I paused. "What's wrong, hun?"
"The baby kicked." He hummed.
"It hurts?" I frowned.
"A little."
"Really?"
"Yes! It's a tiny human kicking my insides." I chuckled a bit and Alex smiled. "What's today?"
"Sunday."
"Fuck!" I frowned and sat up. "Doctor's appointment."
"Shit!" We started to get dressed and hurried to the car.

"Woah..."
"What? Is the baby ok?" I squeezed Alex's hand and Alex bit his lip. "Doc-"
"Twins." I stared for a moment and Alex looked up at me.
"What?" He stammered, staring at the doctor.
"Two babies." The doctor confirmed with a smile, Alex looked up at me again and I stared. I cupped Alex's cheeks and kissed him passionately. Alex wrapped his arms around my neck and started crying. I kissed him a bunch and he started to laugh.
   "Twins!" I gasped. "Oh, baby!" Alex wiped his face and I smiled.
"I love you."
"I love you too." Alex got cleaned up and the doctor gave me the print outs. I sat on the observation table as I waited for Alex and just stared at the ultrasounds. Tears of joy slipped down my cheeks and my smile may have cracked my face. When the curtain opened Alex smiled and sat next to me. He leaned against me and gently wiped my tears. "Two beautiful babies..." I kissed Alex's head and he smiled.
"John?"
"Hm?"
"I'm terrified." He whispered.
"I know, baby." I sighed. "I know. I'm scared too." It was true. I knew the physical toll birth instilled on the female body. I also know that people have died from it. Alex is small and petite...I'm fucking terrified but I'm not going to worry him. "We're I'm this together...right?"
"You're the one who knocked me up." Alex hummed.
"Oh hush."

A couple weeks later

"Hey, John?"
"Hm?" I opened another box and my beautiful husband came around the corner.
"Can you help me? I need my big strong man to move a box." I chuckled and kissed him, letting him lead me into the bedroom. We've been unpacking for the last seven hours and the first thing we did was set up the bed. Alex forced me to lay down and curled up next to me.
"Oh, I get it. You just wanna slack off, ya lil' slacker." I teased, Alex giggled and I rubbed his stomach. "My three babies." I hummed, Alex giggles and I kissed him again and again.
"Stop it!" He giggled, trying to punch me off.
"Uh uh. You made me lay down and now you're gonna pay for it." I kissed all over his face until I couldn't anymore and pressed my face into his chest. He pet my hair and braided it in pieces as well talked aimlessly.
"What are we gonna do about the nursery?" Alex hummed suddenly.
   "I don't know. According to my mother they always have a theme."
   "Mine was pink." Alex fake gagged and I chuckled.
   "Why don't we worry about the nursery when it gets closer to baby time."
   "'Baby time'?"
   "Yes. We're calling it baby time." Alex laughed and kissed my head. I pressed a kiss on his chest and hid my face in his breasts.
   "Baby time." Alex ran his fingers through my hair and I closed my eyes. "Baby time isn't for at least four months."
   "I love you."
   "I love you." Alex continued to run his fingers through my hair and I felt my body relax completely. "Why are you so stressed out, baby?"
   "Thomas is making shit hard and dad keeps trying to micromanage me. I finally had to tell him off the other day."
   "Aw, baby." Alex cooed, I huffed and held on tighter. "Just relax." Alex gently massaged my shoulders and I got drowsy. I closed my eyes and nuzzled into Alex. I slipped a hand up his shirt to let it rest on his stomach and Alex hummed a bit. He started to sing quietly and I found myself drifting off.  His voice was like smooth honey as the French words rolled off his tongue and his fingers drifted through my hair. I found myself fighting to stay awake and succumbed, falling asleep.