I Can Do This

A/N - I have an Instagram now!!! HURRAY lol y'all can contact me there and I'll post updates and sneak peaks and y'all can weigh in on my books with polls and stuffs _i_think_its_Lyn_

Alexander's POV

   So...I'm eight months pregnant and John has officially lost his mind. It's kind of cute actually. Every time I say ow he freaks out and asks if I'm ok. Sometimes he makes me nervous but he always apologizes with hugs and kisses. He's too sweet and sometimes I wonder if I'll drown in his love. I think not but I still wonder. Right now he's leaning over my desk and teasing me about the absurd amount of stick notes gathered around my desk. I rolled my eyes and leaned as far forward as I could. "I'm eight months pregnant and you expect me to remember everything?" John laughed and pecked my lips.
   "No but you're damn cute for trying." I giggled and leaned back in my chair.
   "I'm ready to be skinny again." John laughed and sat on the edge of my desk.
   "You're gorgeous in every way." I blushed and let him press a slow kiss on my lips.
  "Wait..."
   "What?"
   "What if we have two of each?" John frowned and I bit my lip. "How about..."
   "Rachel." I looked up at him and he pressed a kiss on my nose. "James." I giggled and let him help me up. "Let's go out for lunch. I want to  have a nice lunch. No Martha. No work talk just us."
   "Sounds like fun." I giggled and grabbed my bag.
   "I love you."
   "I love you too, silly."

   "John, why are you like this? Why  did I marry you?"
   "Because you love me." He manage through a mouth full of french fries, I rolled my eyes and giggled.
"Unfortunately."
"Wow! Ok! Thanks!" I laughed at his antics and sighed. "Ready for the shower?"
"Sort of." I shrugged, rubbing my stomach and sighing.
"C'mon! Everyone is so excited! I'm excited! Why aren't you?"
"I guess-...I'm just worried. What happens if the babies don't l-"
"Alex, don't even go there. You're going to be an amazing father."
"I don't even know anymore." I sighed, John kissed me gently and we cleaned up our trash.

"Alex!" Maria hugged me tightly and I laughed.
"Hey, Mar. How's the stripper biz?" I teased, she laughed and John helped me sit on the couch.
"Well...thanks to those little buns in the oven I'm the best dancer and I get hella tips." I chuckled and John handed me a glass of water.
"Well jokes on you cause ain't have a well paying, steady job where I see my husband everyday so-"
"Oh shut up." She playing punched me and I laughed.
"Ooh!" I gasped in pain and Maria frowned. "The babies are just kicking. I'm fine." She nodded and Peggy dragged her girlfriend away.
"Alex! My goodness you look amazing." Eliza gushed and kissed my cheek, hugging me.
"Thanks, Betsy."
"No problem." She smiled, John pressed a kiss on my lips and I smiled up at him. He started talking to Herc and Laf and I felt another sharp pain. I dismissed it and my father hugged me.
   "Hey, dad." I smiled, we chatted a bit and I did my best to ignore the pains. We sat down to dinner and joked around as we ate. John kept teasing me about being a stripper.
   "Well...anything for my best client." I teased backing, winking and grinning. John stared at and I started laughing.
   "I don't like that. I don't like that at all!" John chuckled.
   "Well...you were the one who knocked me up."
"I proposed! I had a right!" I laughed and kissed his cheek. "I had a right."
"Yes, you did."
"You're also very sexy so how could expect me not to-" I stuffed a roll in his mouth.
"Don't finish that sentence." John looked like a puppy chewing the roll as everyone laughed hysterically at him. I kissed his cheek and brushed a curl behind his ear. I felt another sharp pain and John frowned.
"Everything ok?"
"Mhm. I'm fine." We finished dinner and moved back into the living room to open all the gifts. The sharp pains became worse and more frequent and John became worried.
"Ok, Alex, I-"
"I'm fine." He sighed and I kissed his cheek. "Let's keep going." I opened more presents and ended up dropping a case of bottle because of the pain.
"Ok! Nope! Come on. Let's lay down." I nodded and he helped me up. We started heading to the bedroom but I stopped cold when some liquid dripped down my leg. John gasped and I started to cry. "Oh, baby!" He kissed me and wiped my tears away. My dad rushed to our aid and everyone else started cleaning up the party.
"You guys go! We've got this under control!" Maria smiled, I nodded and John started to pull me toward the door.
"No!" I yelped, this was real. I was in labor.
"What? Alex-"
"I can't! I can't do it! I'm scared!" I sobbed, John hugged me and I sniffed. "They weren't supposed to come for another month! I thought-"
"I know. I know. I did too but this is good. Come on. I'll be right there next to you. I won't leave your side."
"You promise?"
   "Of course." John kissed my forehead and handed my dad the keys. They helped me out to the car and John held my hand tightly. "I love you, Alex."
   "I love you, Jacky."
   "I appreciate how cute you two are but someone tell me how the fuck to get to a hospital." I laughed and John chuckled.
   "I got it, James." John got google maps and I buried my face in his neck. "You can do this, baby."
   "I can do this."