Big Day

A/N - gO fOlLoW mY iNsTa

James' POV

   I can hear my son screaming and John trying to calm him down. It hurts my soul. I know my not qualified to be his dad but I still love him. He's my son after all. Sitting in this waiting room is killing me but I have to stay out here and wait. Suddenly John whizzed in front of me and smiled. "Alex, is doing great. I'm getting him some water! Am I shaking? Holy shit." I chuckled and he grinned.
   "You'd better get going." He took off again and I chuckled. I know I don't have the right to parent Alex but I approve of John. He's sweet to him and I can see how much they love each other. I just want my son to be happy. That's all.

   It's been a couple hours and I'm about to fall asleep. All of John and Alex's friends showed up and they're trying to be quiet but it's not working. It honestly kinda funny. Suddenly the door opened and John walked in with tears in his eyes and grin. "One girl, one boy. Father and babies doin great." Everyone cheered and hugged him. "James?" I stood up and followed John into the hospital room. Alex looked up and grinned.
   "Hey, Dad!" I kissed his forehead and smiled at the two little babies in his arms. "Do you wanna hold one?" John took the little girl from Alex's arms and Alex gently handed me the little boy. "Dad, meet Phillip James Hamilton-Laurens." Alex smiled, my eyes widened and I looked down at the little boy.
   "James?"
   "James...after you and...James." I chuckled a bit and smiled at the baby in my arms.
   "He looks just like your mother...like you."  Alex smiled and there was a knock on the door. John went to open the door and Alex gasped.
   "Two hands!"
   "Alex, it's fine. See." John hummed, opening the door for his father.
   "I just spent the last six hours pushing that out of my vagina. You will use two hands."
   "Alright, alright, wacko. Nice to see you, dad." John hugged his father and let him hold the little girl.
   "What's here name?"
   "Frances Rachel Hamilton-Laurens."
   "Rachel?" I questioned, looking at Alex.
   "After mama." Alex smiled, I grinned and ruffled his hair. "Two hands!"
   "Alex...I never dropped you or James. He'll be fine." He glared at me and I laughed. "He's fine! See! He's smiling." I gave Phillip back to Alex and kissed his forehead again. "They're beautiful, hun." I smiled.
   "I love them already...Is this how-"
   "Yes. The days you and James were born were the happiest days of my life." Alex's eyes got sad and I hugged him tightly, careful not to squish the sleeping Phillip. "I never should've left. I am so sorry."
   "I love you, dad." I smiled and John intervened.
   "I'm really sorry to break this up but Alex really should get some rest." Alex nodded and I smiled.
   "I'll leave you to it." John's dad was no where to be scene and I made my way home.