08.0 READY? JET SET...GO!

“Bran, catch.”

Daniel casually chucked him his keys and Brandon caught them easily with one hand, but with a look of confusion.

“What am I supposed to do with this? You know I drove here. There is only one of me D.”

Danny shrugged nonchalantly and reached for Odette’s hand, grasping it in his own. She looked up at him with a smile full of teeth and tugged at his arm pointing to the jet, eager as ever.

“Park the Benz somewhere and take mine. Yours has more space. Get Chad to put it up for me and have it ready when we get back.”

Brandon huffed but nodded, seeing his rationale. Daniel’s Vantage was more of the sporty luxury car variety, possessing only the two customary front seats, for the driver and passenger. On the other hand, the Mercedes had the row of seats at the back that would offer more room in light of the fact that Odette was with us.

“Stop pouting, I’ll take care of your baby,” He reached for my hand and entwined our fingers, drawing me in against his body so he could nuzzle his nose into my hair. I had let it out today, in a gigantic puff of loose curls.

“You better. Or I’ll crash this thing into a fence.”

Daniel chuckled and began trudging towards the plane. "I'll see you later."

Odette raced ahead pulling him along behind her, and me by extension. It was just amazing to me how easy this was.

Us. The three of us. Together.

We stumbled up the steps one after the other in a train. I kept my eyes to my feet, watching my wedges as Danny pulled me after him.

"I thought Brandon worked for you." Their playful banter hinted at a long standing friendship rather than an employee / employer relationship.

"He does," he glanced over his shoulder at me, "but we grew up together so he's more like family."

"Oh."

"I trust him with my life." That made me smile. I had never heard him mention much family in the short time we'd known each other, and I was happy to know he had someone in his corner. Truth be told, outside of him being a gorgeous philanthropic multimillionaire I didn't know much about Daniel.

I found myself excited to discover more about him. The only way to do that was to ask questions. When Daniel left us after takeoff to shower and change, I made up my mind to do just that.

As expected, the inside was just as spectacular as the outside, decorated in hues of grey and white. Though I had little expertise in interior design, I was more than impressed.

The jet was decked out like a five star hotel suite. There was a patterned carpet, a lounge area with two gigantic flat screen televisions and a dining section just across the way. Not to mention the private cabins at the back.

One of the stewardesses, Stephanie or Serena, had mentioned something about this being a heavy or large cabin jet and after doing a full three-sixty, I fully understood what she meant 'cause holy shït.