Eɪɢʜᴛ

_____

_____

Eunha took a taxi back to the household she was beginning to dread. Sitting in the backseat of the car, it took all the power within Eunha to not breakdown and burden the driver with her sobs and whimpers.

Arriving in front of her home, she quickly dabbed the corners of her eyes using a tissue she had in her bag and gave the taxi driver the owed money before getting out.

Once in the house, she locks herself in Jongho's room and lets her tears fall freely, face planted in her pillow.

She felt alone. All she wanted was to be with Jongho. It seems like no one understands that, not even him. Maybe she should really move on, go out with other men. She did have interest in Song Mingi at one point back in school, but that was until Jongho swept her off her feet completely.

However some motivation within Eunha had her dig her phone out of her pocket. She found a text notification from Jongho as the screen lit up:

💝Jongho🍎: It's going to be okay ❤️
Sent 11 minutes ago

Eunha shakes her head, hands gripping tight around her phone. She was done feeling pain. Now all she wanted was to end it all and give up, like they wanted in the first place. So she does, sending Jongho a reply she never thought she would.

Eunha: No. We're done.

She blocks Jongho's number and scrolls through her contacts to find and tap "🔥Mingi🔥", calling her friend from her school days.

"Oh! Eunha? Is this you?" Mingi answers excitedly.

She smiles softly. "Yeah, it's me... How far do you live from say...our old high school?"

"Haha umm about ten to fifteen minutes from there. Why?"

"I wanted to come see you and catch up. Would that be okay?"

"I'd love that. By the way, you remember Yunho right? Puppy personality, tall like me?"

"Haha yes, I believe so."

"He lives with me so you can see him around too when you get here."

"Alright. Can I come now?"

"Sure, I'll give you the address by text."

"Okay, thanks Mingi~"

"Anything for Master Eunnie."

"Oh my gosh you remember that? Pfft, we're going to have to seriously talk when I get there."

Mingi croaks in laughter. "Yes of course we do. See you soon!"

*Time Skip*

Eunha walks up four flights of stairs before reaching Mingi's apartment. "The amount of commitment you have to possess to be willing to climb these stairs..." Eunha thought to herself.

Catching her breath, she double checks the address Mingi sent her and sees it matches. Then, she knocks on the door.

The door opens up from the other side, revealing a brown haired, single eyelids boy. Song Mingi.

Eunha's eyes widen and a smile creeps onto her face. "Wow, hello!" She quickly hugs him. "You're taller than I remember."

"Are you sure you didn't get smaller Eunha?" Mingi cackles, returning the hug.

"Don't make me leave when I just got here you snake."

"Pssh, you wouldn't dare-"

"Oh well would you look at the time!!" Eunha tickles Mingi's sides trying to escape his long arms.

Mingi screams in laughter, letting go of the small girl to try to get ahold of her wrists. "S-Stop! Before I- Hahahah g-get a noise complaint!"

Eunha thinks about what Mingi said only to find her wrists held, restricting her arm movements. "Ah, good point. Lead the way inside?"

Mingi eye smiles and lets go of one of her wrists and pulls her along with her other wrist into his home. "Yunho is in his room playing computer games if you want to say hi."

Eunha shrugs. "He must be really into his games right now. I'll go bother him later."

Mingi rolls his eyes amused. "So, you wanted to catch up? We can talk here since I'm pretty positive Jongho would object to me taking you to my bedroom."

Eunha looks towards the ground. "I appreciate your sensitivity, but um... Your bedroom is fine too..."

Mingi's lips form a pout and he wraps an arm around Eunha. "Did something happen? You don't have to tell me, I'm just saying from a concerned standpoint..."

Eunha stays concentrated on the ground. "I can explain."

Mingi takes her to his room where he is told about all the events occurring and the stresses Eunha has been dealing with.

"And I want to start over. First, with you. I mean we get along very well, Mingi. So I know this will sound strange, but can we go out on a date? Eventually I might ask Yunho as well, but for now..." Eunha's words trailed off, but Mingi listened to her.

"...I want you to be happy, Eunha. You're one of my best friends. It's sad to hear that such an amazing power couple just disappears at parents' order. I might not be good at it, but I'll take you on a date." He nods and hugs her tight. "And you can stay here for as long as you need to."

Eunha's hands ball up the hem of Mingi's shirt as she sniffles. "Thank you so much. I owe you big time."

Mingi rests his cheek on the top of her head. "Owe me with a fun date tomorrow?"

"Okay, let's do it." Eunha hides her face more in his chest.

With Mingi and Yunho, Eunha is more than ready to turn over a new leaf. Without Jongho.

✨🖤~🏴‍☠️~🖤✨