Eʟᴇᴠᴇɴ

**Disclaimer: This chapter includes backstory of how Mingi, Eunha, Jongho, and Yunho met each other in school. In other words, this chapter does not effect the main story.

_____

_____

*Flashback*

Eunha's heart ached watching Choi San and his new girlfriend laugh together in the school cafeteria at the rectangular table across from her.

She has had the biggest crush on him. She never got anxious talking to her guy friends, but when it was San, she froze and ultimately admired him from afar comfortably, for a little too long.

Eunha sighed letting her head down and resting her head in her hand. "I had no chance..."

Her best friend Mingi walks up and sits in front of Eunha, pushing a choco pie and a milk carton her way. "It's really important to eat breakfast, Eunnie. Please eat it today~"

Eunha nods. "Thank you~" She silently peels off the plastic packaging and bites into the pie.

Mingi was about to ask why Eunha was seemingly upset today when he turns in his seat to the loud voice of none other than Choi San. He turns back around and strokes her head. "We can find somewhere else to sit you know."

"No, it's fine. Thanks though Mingi..."

He hums and opens the milk he bought her, putting the straw inside the carton. "Just focus on me and your other friends, okay?"

Eunha raises her head up for the first time since Mingi came. She smiles softly but painfully. "I'll try."

He smiles back and lifts the straw to Eunha's lips and she sips the milk.

*Time Skip*

Choi Jongho was the quiet, smart student that always did his work. He also obeyed his teachers with the utmost respect, even if they were unfair sometimes.

"What if we get paired up with Jongho for the project? Bam! Instant A." Mingi reenacted an explosion with his hands.

"Yeah, you could really use his smarts." Eunha sticks her tongue out at Mingi, making his lips pout.

"Good point Eunnie, but still~ I'm also curious about him. He barely talks."

Eunha looks over at the kid they were talking about. He was writing in his planner, probably about the project. "Yeah, me too..."

Sure enough, Mingi, Eunha, Jongho, and a guy named Yunho are a group created by the teacher.

Despite everyone except Mingi and Eunha not knowing each other, Mingi and Yunho strike up conversation quickly.

Jongho seated himself next to Eunha, giving her a shy wave. "Hi, I'm Jongho."

She smiles. "I'm Eunha. And feel free to share your ideas with the group. We're all friends here that will work hard."

Jongho smiles widely, something Eunha had never seen before. "Thank you. I already have some ideas actually, see?" Jongho showed the girl the ideas he wrote in the notes section of his planner.

"Oh! These are really good!" Eunha turns to the two guys that look like they have known each other for five years. "Hey guys, Jongho has some awesome ideas!"

"Ahem, Eunha, Yunho and I go by the Tall Bros." Mingi said in an intelligent sounding tone making Yunho laugh.

"Mingi you're going to lose your height if you don't listen to the Short Friends. Right Jongho?" Eunha gently nudged the chestnut haired boy.

Jongho nods, not wanting to verbally admit to agreeing with the insult. Mingi's jaw drops. "Eunha, y-you corrupted him. How—"

Yunho whispers in Mingi's ear. "I wouldn't question it, she looks scary enough right now..."

Eunha rose an eyebrow. "What was that?"

Yunho held the back of his neck. "I-I said you look really beautiful today, hehe..."

Eunha's eyes widen and blushes wildly. "Oh, wow, thank you. A-Anyway let's start this project. Care to explain your ideas more in depth, Jongho?"

The group began constructing their assignment focused and productive. Many days in the week were spent at the library after school.

Though after earning a solid A+ for their project, the group mates kept hanging out becoming mutual friends.

Mingi and Yunho hung out a lot at the internet cafe downtown playing online games and had occasional sleepovers on the weekends.

Eunha and Jongho hung out together as well, watching new movies that came out at the cinema together and creating apple desserts using Jongho's apple-splitting skill that Eunha was so amazed by no matter how many times he did it.

They caught natural, romantic feelings for each other in the process. Choi San was long gone out of Eunha's mind. So when Jongho asked her to be his girlfriend after school one day, it was a quick 'yes' followed up with a heartwarming first kiss on the sidewalk in front of Eunha's house.

*End of flashback*

✨🖤~🏴‍☠️~🖤✨