Chapter 11: Family Reunion at the Dept. Of Family Reunions!

Hola Chicos!

I don't really have much to say, so we're just gonna jump into it!

As always:
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters that are actually in the Disney movie: Coco. Those belong to Disney and Pixar company!
Camila, Hermosa, the Velez family, and Camila's friends, along with Mrs. Tessa are the ones that I truly own.

Anyway, Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Miguel's POV:

I looked at my relatives and my friend, all of us were probably thinking the exact same thing when we saw the poor man's jaw dropped to the desk.

'This is going to be a loooong night.'

Soon after that, we were all sent to a place called the Department of Family Reunions. Apparently it's the place that every skeleton goes to wonder what was wrong and why they couldn't cross, while others were trying to go to which ofrenda they want and don't want to go, and that's where Papá Julio said that's where Mamá Imelda would be. We were on our way over there, and when we did; it was a big building where there were Trolley buses, below us and above us! There were also skull shaped designs everywhere! Some on the windows, on the light bulbs, even on the bridges and the concrete beneath us as far as the eye can see! We were walking on a bridge, heading our way towards our destination, and so far everything was going smoothly, when I suddenly felt Camila get closer to me and held my arm while the snake wrapped around her right arm, hissing with uncertainty. I gently patted mí amigo's head gently. "It's okay. It's gonna be okay." I reassured her softly.

She looked up at me and smiled gently. "Gracias, Miguel." She said softly, and the snake hissed happily and slithered across her body to the other side of her head, her now just lying next to the guitar and on the back of her shoulders, just looking at me. "Oh, where are my manners? Miguel, this is Hermosa, my pet snake, who's also my friend!" She introduced the snake to me. I was surprised at this, mostly because everyone that I know is afraid of snakes. As for me... Well, to be honest with myself, I don't mind them. I think they're muy genial! I gently petted Hermosa's head and she hissed softly and leaned her head on my hand happily. I chuckled softly. "Hola, Hermosa!" I said softly. "See? She likes you already!" Camila said happily. We were talking about other things, when I felt eyes staring at me and my friend, I looked around and noticed that some skeletons that we were passing by took a second look at us an gawked at us being here and... well, really alive. I turned to the other side saw my Tío Felipe looking at where his nose would be and sighed sadly. "I miss my nose." He stated softly. I frowned awkwardly while the 10 year old beside just chuckled along with Hermosa.

I looked forward again and saw more skeletons staring at me and Camila, then the two guards were looking at us in shock and disbelief when they opened the doors for us, showing that there were tantos esqueletos! Many of them in a line where some of them worked here, many just standing there and waiting for their turn, while others were at desks and either complaining about not going to one ofrenda or wondering why they couldn't cross. We even heard a couple of them saying this:

"Come on, help us out, amigo. We got to get to a dozen ofrendas tonight!" A man begged to one of the workers behind an altogether counter and his family were right behind him, a teen reassuring a small little girl, a little boy playing with una canasta pequeña, and his wife softly glaring at the worker. I noticed that they all have color designs engraved on their skulls. I mean, I only saw colorful designs on Tía Rosita along with my Tíos and Papá Julio, But everything happening so fast, you kinda skip that stuff.