Chapter 29: The Process

Disclaimer: Coco = Disney/Pixar (Not me!) Story Plot, along with Oc's and the other family = Me (Belongs to me!)

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About 10 Months Ago:

Mrs. Tessa's POV:

It's been an entire month ever since Camila had suddenly disappeared with her friend and Dios mío, did she give me a really good of a fright! I thought of the worst until she came back unharmed and wearing new clothes, which were a purple jacket and a black hat.

I wanted to cuestionarla, but she looked so exhausted and hungry, so hungry that she had 4 plates of food with porciones extra! She usually stops at three, so at that moment of time and until she's ready to talk; I'll let it slide. But there were some things that started to worry me for the past un par de semanas. Ever since the incident, she's been hanging out with a boy named Miguel Rivera. Everyone knows about the Rivera Family and I can't help but worry about her from time to time, she even brings him here to watch movies with her and they both sing to the lyrics! She doesn't speak to me about the whole topic itself either. 'Maybe when she's not busy, I'll ask her properly...' I thought to myself as I was washing the remaining dishes that were there in el fregadero and putting them up in the rack. I was humming a small tune while drying up everything and cleaning up the kitchen while putting things back where they belonged.

"Señora Tessa? A couple is asking for you in the front." Juanita said and I looked at her to see that she was poking her head through the kitchen door. I'm honestly surprised, it's been a couple of months since the last child has been adopted. "Oh! Alright then, cariño! I'll be right there! Please make everyone behaves while I speak to the couple, and make sure that Camila is doing fine." I asked as I gently untied the apron around my waist and hung it up on the hook.

"Yes, Señora!" She replied and went to go where the other kids were.

I inhaled deeply and exhaled softly, trying to calm down my excitement. It always brings me joy to see a couple to adopt a child in the Santa Cecilia Orphanage! I just hope one day Camila can be adopted by a family who will love her and care for her, as Camila's madrina; I only want what is best for her. I could adopt her if I wanted to, but at those times that I always bring that topic up, she always refuses. Somehow she thinks she'll be a big burden on me since I have children of my own. I tried to convince her she wouldn't, but she's just as obstinado and unpersuasive just like her mother. From that day forward, I promised her that I will find her a home that would love and care for her just her parents did. I just hope that this couple would be the one, but I can't help thinking that it's nothing but a falsa esperanza nowadays.

I entered the room and saw the couple and silently prayed that they're planning on adopting a child, not just "Navegando alrededor" as what other couples would say. "¡Buenas tardes! You're the couple that wanted to see me, Sí?" I asked as I walked up to them, inspecting them without them noticing. I see that they're very nice looking at the very least, but I can't help but be very cautious about them.

"Oh, yes! My wife and I are actually here to see if we can adopt a certain child." The husband said and this made me freeze in shock for a moment and smiled brightly. This might be the day another child can get adoptado by a family! "Ooh! Alright, please come to my office, there we can discuss on which child you want to adopt! All I want to know is both of your names, please." I asked as I guided them to the room so we can discuss.