Chapter 24: The Roto Family That Makes Amends

Hola, Chicos!! Let's just jump into the story? Okay!

Disclaimer: I do not own Coco or any of the characters, that belongs to Disney/Pixar, but the Story Plot along with Camila's family and friends belong to me!

Oh and Roto means Broken in Spanish!

Please enjoy!!~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Héctor's POV:

We were up at the sky and I was holding onto Miguel from atop Pepita as we were flying through the sky on Pepita's back, my legs clamped on tightly onto her as I squinted against the wind. I was a little scared to be on the alebrije's back, I'd admit, the last time I was here, I broke a rib.

But Miguel had no qualms being here as he did not try to hold onto Pepita and instead happily pet and praised the xolo dog -Dante- for finding us and leading Imelda with the help of Hermosa.

"You really are an alebrije!" Miguel cheered as he hugged him and the dog was licking his face in response.

At the words Dante began to change, a bright cacophony of colors and patterns crawled across his body until his nose popped into an intense green. I had to hold in a laugh at the alebrije's undeniably ridiculous look, as equally ridiculous wings popped out of his back, completing the transformation. He seemed both very fitting and oddly mismatched for Miguel.

Dante suddenly leapt off Pepita to test out his new wings and quickly plummeted to the ground, I didn't really have a moment to dwell on the poor thing as Miguel lurched forward to reach out for the dog. I was pulled forward with him and I swore that if I still had a stomach I would have lost todos sus contenidos. I pulled Miguel back, squeezing him tighter and doing everything in my power not to begin screaming in Miguel's ear, instead repeating: 'Don't move, don't move, don't move!' over and over in my head while clamping my eyes shut and just waiting for them to arrive to their destination.

'Stars above, how much I hate flying.'

I barely heard the sound of the dog barking and showing that is was okay over the sound of the wind.

"WHOO-HOOOO!!!" I heard a whooping coming from Camila who was still holding onto Hermosa's horns and had a sonrisa gigante on her face, and I opened one eye to see Hermosa flying next to Pepita and noticed that the rest of her body was moving up and down as if it was moving like a wave. She looked really happy and really having fun flying in the sky.

However, sadly, I was not. I just wanted this to be over.

Luckily it was only another minute before we finally touched down, the rest of Imelda's family and my family waving and running up to us. Miguel and Camila eagerly slid off the alebrije's backs, whom my grandson me pulling down with him until I let go and just laid there on the ground, sweet, sweet solid ground. Miguel ran over to the rest of the family while Camila ran up to her parents who hugged her tightly and kissed her head as much as they could as I slowly pulled myself together to stand, I turned to face Imelda and offer a hand to her, but she looked at me, scoffing softly while getting off of Pepita's back. I frowned softly and gently took my hat off and started fumbling the edges of it.

I didn't know what to say, and I'm not sure if I had anything to say to my wife... I was about to speak, that is until I heard the dead cousins shrieking their living cousin's names.

"MIGUEL!!! CAMILA!!"

They said happily as the said kids let go of the ones who they were hugging and both got tackled by pairs of bones. Rosita, Bella and Felípe tackle hugged Miguel to the ground, who was laughing happily and hugged them back; while Camila was becoming a living girl sandwich, being smushed in the middle by Carlos and Mariana. The said girl giggled but squeaked at this softly and patted their shoulders. "P-primos!... Hipocresía. ¡Respirar!..." She said and they finally let go of her and the three youngest of kids let go of Miguel.