When you're feeling down

Ok. Maybe 'down' is a bad word.

When you feel far down.
When you feel like you're in a ditch
When you feel lower than the bar for limbo.

Right now, I feel like crap. I have stuck my headphones in and began listening to vaguely sad music. No, my head is not leant against a car window.
Not anymore.

But we deserve to be a bit dramatic.

That's one problem with us.

Asking for help

No, you are not a burden. Ask for that help!

No, you are not asking for attention. Ask for that help!

Help: a friend, family member, or professional.

Of course, I went straight to a professional. They are available and want to listen.

You deserve to rant and scream and cry. I even punched a few things (I wouldn't recommend this method of 'self-care').

You have suffered too long in silence. Even if you're emotions change rapidly- I described myself as a 'roller-coaster' as my mood fluctuated wildly. So visiting a professional when you're at your 'high-point' made me feel like they thought I was faking it.

But that's another point: overthinking.

No, people don't care what you look like.
No, people don't care if you have bad days.

Ok, maybe 'don't care' is bad phrasing. They do care, but they don't judge you. And if they do, you don't deserve them.

Don't overthink.

Don't imagine you're going to fail a test or an exam and you've suddenly ruined your life.

Don't imagine that every time you go out you have the potential to be killed.

Don't imagine you're house is going to be robbed at any moment.

Just don't imagine! (I know these are awfully dramatic examples.)

That's more stress than you need.

I'll go into a quick monologue here. I have been focusing on the mental health of people I care about. Because after going through that storm, I feel it's my priority to help them rise above it. I messaged someone recently and I ended by saying 'as James Blunt once said: 'You're Beautiful.''

Maybe I'm not good with advice, but sometimes that shoulder to cry on is just as helpful.