Money fuels ecomomy- not happiness

Why do we buy something? Because we are made to feel like that product is the answer to our problems.
Our problems = our insecurities.

How are they going to sell an anti-ageing cream? By pointing out wrinkles.

How are they selling new products? (AirPods is a big example). By making us feel like we're missing out, and our lives will be much better once we've purchased this product.

But after you've bought it, why don't you feel successful? Because there's something new, so your mind tells you that's what you need. So that way we are never fulfilled.

Economies aren't growing due to happiness. If we were all happy, we wouldn't feel the need to buy new things. We would be happy with the clothes we already have and we'd believe we had enough shoes.

This is why the economy is our enemy. They want to exploit us into being tricked to buy new things. This can bring anxiety by itself, including money anxiety (if that's a thing?) Which is why I believe anxiety is much more common now than 50-100 years ago. The world wasn't so connected. We couldn't shop online or see everyone's #outfitoftheday or see Instagram 'influencers' lives played out like a script or watch our bank accounts drop due to our extensive amazon shop for the latest stuff. We couldn't do that 10 years ago, let alone 100.

I'm not saying don't trust the economy, because medicines are to trust. Doctors are to trust. But we all give in to our flaws and accept the high price. Acne products is a tough one- prices can reach £100 for a single bottle of acne cream, but is it actually working?

Can age-defying cream actually reverse the laws of ageing? Of course not. But it is still a billion pound industry because we believe it will help. People in their 30s are buying wrinkle cream! It's crazy.

Think of shampoo and conditioner- they all brand themselves to help dry, damaged hair. Why do we continue to buy products that help a bad aspect of our hair, when it's actually perfectly fine?

Remember to not look at advertising campaigns and feel drawn into it. Dont believe you will get wrinkles in the next 12 seconds unless you buy Clinique. Don't believe all the woman will crowd around you while you wear this certain aftershave. Don't even feel forced to give to charity- those upsetting videos are purposely forcing us to hand away our money.

So remember, the economy is against us, not working to help us. If they make you feel unsatisfied with yourself, they have done their job. So fight against it! Do what they don't want you to do- and instead just be happy with yourself.