CHAPTER 15

A/N: Today I am gonna swap things, in the beginning of the chapter I've always wrote my letter first before my pen pal's response letter. Because I've realized and found it rather boring and I didn't like the repetition of the same opening of my letters. The bold ones is my pen pal opening letter. Happy reading! :)

Hello!

I just found this Slowly app a few days ago. It's been great using it so far. I want to write to everyone in every corner of the world but sadly there is a limit per day. I am not much for a small talks but I can go on and on about movies, traveling or soccer, even politics. I like long drives, watching movies, netflix series, and good conversation.

I am an Indian, now working and living in the USA. I haven't traveled outside of these two countries. Trying to make use of the chance to visit and been to some good places in the U.S. What are you doing this year or where you would like to visit? Your favorite movie or your recent reading.

What goes on in your life? I'd love to learn more about your cultures and traditions. Tell me anything or ask away, nothing is off limits :)

Cheers,

Elron

RESPONSE

Hi, Elron!

It is a great pleasure to have someone to talk to. I hope we can get along so well. Also we do seem to have few interests in common. How have you been doing in the meantime?

I'm Sheila. I live together with my parents and my younger sister in Surabaya city, in the east of Java Island, Indonesia. I'm 22 years old. My mother language is Javanese. My country's national language is Bahasa. I'm on 8th semester this year, currently finishing my studies in English Literature. My hobbies are including drawing (both in traditional and digital medium), hiking, swimming, reading novels, and sometimes I write on a blog.

I enjoy watching  netflix series (last time, I finishes binge-watching the 3rd season of Stranger Things, recommended series!), and I also loved to watch anime (this season, I've been binge-watching Fruits Basket and Kono Oto Tomare), last time I've seen XMen: The Dark Phoenix, Annabelle Comes Home, and Toy Story 4.

We have a lot annual festivals in the city, starts from Festival Kalimas, Festival Rujak Uleg (somekind of Surabaya city culinary festival), and Festival Kembang Jepun. There were so many tourists who pays a visit just to see and enjoy the fest. Indonesia is a country of culinary heaven! Some of the best dishes like: meat skewers, beef rendang, rawon soup, and sweet martabak (Indonesian big sweet pancake with fillings). The tourists are really really love the food here :)

I would like to know.....in which city do you live in? How's the weather in the city? I hope you are having a nice day and take care! I look forward to hearing from you. I wish you best of luck and success in your studies.

Yours sincerely,

Sheila