iii. chapter three

iii. chapter three

 chapter three

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══

THE BELL RANG AT TWELVE O'CLOCK AND PENELOPE, after having endured an hour of P.E, left the sports hall to head towards the cafeteria. There, she was greeted with the kind face of Estelle Marshall.

"Hey," Penelope breathed out, having rushed from her lesson. 

Estelle smiled in response. "Hi," She greeted her before gesturing towards the line. Penelope shook her head, gesturing for Estelle to walk in front of her - she had no clue what their menu was so she'd rather watch her order first.

After ordering their food and retrieving her cutlery, Penelope walked towards Estelle who stood waiting for her for them to find a table. It was then when she saw Nina - the girl from her Biology class - subtly waving towards her, silently telling her to sit with her. 

Nina's table was empty - but a different sort of empty. There's the empty table where it's because nobody wants to sit next to the person - then there's the empty where everyone is too scared of the person. That's Nina's empty.

Penelope turned to her new friend, "Do you mind if we sit over here?" Estelle turned her head and held back a gulp. Someone like Estelle, reserved and calm, didn't really hang around someone like Nina, blunt and short-tempered. Nina Stanford certainly had made a reputation for herself.

Seeing as Penelope had already begun moving towards Nina's table, Estelle bit her lips and followed. After all, she'd never actually interacted with Nina - who was she to judge what she was like?

Penelope was silently proud of herself for already making two friends. As she sat down, she noticed her cousin and that Edward guy looking at her from their table. There was like a whole group of people who all looked as pale as Bella's boyfriend. Penelope sent a smile Bella's way - which Bella awkwardly returned.

"'Sup, Whitmore?" Nina spoke, moving her bag so Penelope could sit down, and then looked at Estelle with curiosity.

"Nothing, really," Penelope grabbed her plastic fork and began poking her food, "This is Estelle, I met her in my English class." Estelle's eyes shot up as if she'd just been caught shoplifting a chocolate bar.

Sending a half-grimace, half-smile, "...Hi," Estelle found herself speaking up.

Redirecting her gaze toward her, Nina offered Estelle an honest smile, "Hey, I've seen you around before I think. Love your hair!"

A smile slowly blossomed on Estelle's face at the idea of being noticed,  "Thanks, yours too..." 

"English, huh? Mr. Mason? He's a real pain." Nina cringed, having the fore-mentioned man teach her English class. 

"Nah," Penelope shook her head, "Miss. Jordan, actually. She seems nice." 

Estelle nodded in agreement, starting to chew her food in small bites, "She had a forty minute long discussion with me once about how the Percy Jackson movies don't live up to the books." Nina stifled a laugh into her fist, shaking her head in amusement.

"Seriously?" Penelope gawked, "All of my teachers were always so boring back home. I'd been led to the impression that Forks was no better!"

"Trust me," Nina grinned, "Forks is dull and grey and ugly but it sure has a special bunch of people."

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══

A/N; I know it has been FOREVER since I last updated this. I keep getting stuck in bad writer's blocks where I feel like everything I write is just a mess or I struggle to even think of anything.

This chapter is short, but more is coming from these three in coming chapters! Just wanted to slowly begin their trio friendship :)