x. chapter ten

x. chapter ten

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══

WEEKS AFTER HE MET HER, Paul couldn't stop thinking about Penelope. Her eyes, her nose, her locks of hair stuck to her face due to the seawater. Every tiny little thing about her, every last detail, ran through his mind like a thousand marathon runners, all rushing to reach the finish line.

Words could not describe the sheer rage Paul had felt at that moment. Rage not only at Jacob for revealing the tribe's and the pack's secret, but also at Bella for being the reason he did so. Seeing the distraught look on Penelope's face, Paul desperately wanted to stop and just hold her into his arms to make her feel safe.

But he couldn't.

Since he began shifting, the one thing Paul had consistently been terrified of, dare he admit it, was imprinting. His anger got the better of him, becoming too visceral for his human body to hold once he joined the pack. After what had happened with Sam and Emily, Paul knew that he would simply be too dangerous to be around his imprint - whoever she may be - practically vowing to never imprint at all. However, here we are now. And, of course, those thoughts of his vanished in an instant once he first locked eyes with her - the thoughts only returning in his darkest moments.

Yearning to be with her, it took all of the pack to stop Paul from just rushing to see her. Sam's orders – the man did not want a repeat of what had happened with Emily, but it pained to see Paul, his third-in-command, suffer so greatly due to this command. Sam knew exactly how he felt, after all, and he told him what her name was in an attempt to make him feel better about not being allowed to meet her yet.

It didn't help one bit that Penelope seemed to always be dragged into that Swan girl's situation, Paul was so bitter over it. To him, Bella was a constant cause of danger due to her friendship with the Cullens – even mentioning their names rose anger within the pack never mind having to deal with Jacob's miserable thoughts about her. The guy hadn't even imprinted on her, for crying out loud, yet she'd found out about the pack's secret from him despite having treated him like a massive rebound after the Cullen leech left her to fend for herself in the woods.

Paul knew there was no use in dwelling on these things, he knew Jacob would never leave Bella alone until the day he finally imprints on somebody else. He also found out from Jacob and Sam that the two girls are cousins. There was also no changing what had happened. Penelope found out about the pack and, while it hurts he hadn't been the one to tell her, Paul had to suck it up and get on with it – like he always does with everything else around him ever since his parents divorced.

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══

Penelope didn't understand why she was feeling like this. Bella had literally revealed their secret to her on the way there, admittedly she had found it hard to believe despite everything, but it was completely different when she actually saw Paul and Jake both... transform like that.