xi. chapter eleven

xi. chapter eleven

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══

WHEN SHE AWOKE, Penelope felt slightly disorientated at the sight of her bedroom, not remembering getting there herself. Slowly, she began to remember the events of the night before. Finding out the pack's secret, seeing Jacob and Paul shift, and then the ride home... I must've fallen asleep in the car... She realised.

And then she realised that Paul must have carried her inside... meaning he'd have to have interacted with her mom?! Instantly Penelope cringed at the thought as she got out of bed and headed toward the bathroom.

"Morning sleepyhead!" Bianca, her mom, greeted her with a grin as she saw Penelope walk along the hallway. "How was your night?" She asked sarcastically, knowing full well that Paul Lahote had knocked on the door late at night with her daughter asleep in his arms.

"G'morning," grumbled Penelope sleepily, not wanting to listen to her mom relish in the idea of her hanging out with a boy all night.

Bianca stepped in front of her daughter, placing her arms on Penelope's forearms with a soft smile. She reached out and gently tucked a strand of hair behind Penelope's ear, "He seemed really nice."

"Mom..." Penelope cringed but smiled at the same time, looking away from her mother, not wanting to look in her eyes.

"Okay, okay!" Bianca held her hands up in surrender, laughter threatening to escape her wide smile at the sight of her daughter being embarrassed about the situation. "I'll stop! But just so you know... it's okay with me if Paul were to ever come over again any time soon!"

"I'm brushing my teeth now!" Penelope replied, trying to ignore what her mother said. All she heard in response was a laugh as she shut the bathroom door behind her. The way her mom was acting made her wonder what on Earth she and Paul had said to each other whilst she was asleep. Maybe she was just thinking about it too much, maybe her mom had barely said anything to Paul. She tried to brush the thought away from her mind.

Besides, she needed to get ready. Her friends, Nina and Estelle, were coming over and then they were gonna go out together. She had no idea where, but Nina had said that she and Estelle both wanted to try and cheer Penelope up since they knew she'd been feeling kinda off lately. Penelope felt kinda bad that they felt like they had to help her, but she found it so sweet that they cared about her feelings.

She finished brushing her teeth and began to run the bath whilst also turning on the shower, keeping the showerhead in the bath since she knew she wouldn't be able to reach it otherwise. Then, as Penelope lay in her bathtub, staring at the thing attached to her at her hips, there was no avoiding that fear or pretending she was normal. Her tail presented itself unapologetically, permitting itself the occasional flap - or whatever it is that it does. She still wasn't used to it.