iv. chapter four

iv. chapter four

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══

ON THAT VERY SAME DAY, Charlie forced Bella to take Penelope with her to the party that her friends were throwing for her birthday. Penelope knew this because, well, it was obvious to her that Bella would rather have enjoyed it with her boyfriend rather than having to drag her baby cousin along. Also, she knew that her mom probably wanted her to make friends, prompting Charlie to make the suggestion.

In Bella's eyes, despite it being her birthday and despite everything going on with her life, she was somewhat grateful that she would be a bit less of the centre of attention. Kind of awkward to meet your cousin's boyfriend's family, though, Penelope thought to herself.

She opened her phone and searched for the contact of Nina who, as well as Estelle, she had given her number to after becoming friends with her.

She was grateful she'd found friends so quickly - she'd really been afraid of being by herself, besides Bella, of course. Penelope decided to text Nina a short message, promptly sending Estelle one shortly after.

hii, thx 4 being 1 of my 1st friends here

Automatically feeling awkward and regretting sending it, Penelope locked her phone. When she looked up, she caught sight of a car outside her window. She instantly knew it was Bella and Edward by the sight of Bella's rusty old truck.

"Um, hey again!" Penelope greeted Edward after saying hi to Bella, climbing into the backseat whilst the other two obviously sat in front. "Hope you don't mind me tagging along, I know it's a bit rude."

Letting out a chuckle whilst Bella shook her head and smiled, Edward reassured her, "It's Bella's party. She can bring whoever she wants to bring for her birthday." That word once again struck a chord within Bella, Penelope noticed though the other girl had tried to conceal it.

"Yeah, I know. I'm just thinking, y'know, since they're your family and all..."

"Calm down, Pen! You know how much I hate birthday parties, anyway, this'll make it feel a lot more normal." Bella turned her head to the backseat and continued, "And I know for a fact that Alice will love you. She even asked me if you would wanna sit with us at lunch earlier, before you found your own table."

"Can't wait to meet her."

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══

When they arrived, Penelope was in complete and utter awe.

"Dude, your house is huuuge!" She told Edward, how the Hell could they afford that? Later on, Bella would come to explain about their father being the town's most prized surgeon, which made it make a little more sense but still.