Minho- Staring (TST)

Y/N P.O.V
We have been walking through the desert for hours until we finally found an abandoned mall. Together we look around. The boys take care of getting some food and drink. Teresa walks a few meters ahead of me and we look around for clothes. Suddenly she cries out briefly and I run around the corner to see what is going on. "Look at this Y/N! There are so many clothes." she squeaks with delight. "Is everything OK?" yells Newt. "Yeah, everything's okay. We found something to wear." I yell over my shoulder and head for the piles of clothes. After a few minutes I find a black jeans, brown boots and a simple dark blue shirt. While I am still looking for a jacket and a scarf, Teresa walks past me into the only dressing room. She has several shirts and pants in her arms. It will take a while until she is done. So I decide to change just without any kind of privacy screen.

Minho P.O.V
I search with Newt and Thomas for food and other useful materials. I don't feel comfortable with this place but I push the bad feeling aside. The other guys are looking for the electric box, because you can hardly see your hand in front of your eyes down here. Armed with a flashlight I walk down the big hall and look for water in some boxes. Somewhere there must be something to drink here. Suddenly I hear a high, short scream and I quickly look around for the others. Newt and Thomas look at each other alarmed. It must have been one of the girls. "Is everything okay?" Newt shouts. "Yes, everything's okay. We found something to wear." it comes back. That was Y/N's voice. The thought of her makes my heart beat faster. Even back at the Glade, I admired her for her courage. She came up in the pit after Teresa and she wasn't intimidated. Every shank who came too close to her rebuked her and she won a fight against Gally on the first day. I concentrate again on my task and look through a broken window. In the weak light I can see Y/N and Teresa looking for clothes. Finally Teresa disappears with way too many shirts and pants in the only dressing room and Y/N continues to rummage in the pile. I keep watching her and don't notice Newt and Thomas approaching from behind. Y/N looks around briefly and then starts to change. I am not one of those boys who stare at girls' asses but I can't take my eyes off her. Behind me I hear someone clearing his throat and I tear myself away from Y/N's sight and turn around. "You know it's not very polite to watch a girl changing clothes, don't you?" Thomas asks with a wry grin. Newt looks at me upset. He is her brother and a little overprotective. "Yes, I know. Sorry I couldn't help it." I say and turn around again to search in the next box. Suddenly the light above our heads goes on and we hear distant screams. Frypan, Aris and Winston come running around the corner and call out to us to start running. At first I stop in surprise but close behind the three of them a horde of cranks comes towards us. I quickly grab my backpack and look around for Y/N. She pulls Teresa behind her and comes towards me. Together we run off and try to shake off our pursuers. I run at the front and look briefly to the back to make sure that everyone keeps up. Next to me is Thomas and behind us Frypan, Winston, Aris and Teresa. A few metres away Y/N Newt helps by pulling him by the hand. It gives me a stomach ache that she is holding his hand, though she is his sister. In the next moment a crank jumps out of a shop window and pulls her to the ground. Newt lies a few meters further on and tries to get up. We all stop and I run as fast as I can towards the crank and push it off her with all my strength. Breathing heavily Y/N straightens up and I stretch out my hand to her. She looks at me gratefully and pulls herself up. Even after she has let go of my hand, it still tingles from the touch. For a second I forget that we are surrounded by cranks and look into her wonderful y/e/c eyes. "Come on, we have to keep going!" says Frypan and I walk beside Y/N behind Thomas. I will take care of her so that nothing ever happens to her. The girl is everything worth fighting for and I protect her with my life.

---------
815 words 📝