A Very Sexy Prologue; A Tainted Heart

K A M E K O

The date November 5 wasn't a particular day, at least in the morning. It was so simple that day too, Kameko got ready, went to school and came home. Nothing was wrong, the weather was still chilly, the air crisp and the fall leaves beautifully falling onto the sidewalks. Her parents were still themselves, wishing her a good day at school and sending her off with bright smiles on their faces.

In fact, the only unusual thing scheduled today was the arrival of a full moon.

-

"I'm home!" shouted a happy Kameko as she entered the living room, with her backpack slung over her shoulder.

"Welcome home, sweetie, how was school?" Her mother, Beryl, asked, which kissing Kameko on the forehead.

"Same old, same old." Answered Kameko, sighing, "I heard that there would be a full moon tonight."

"Really now?" Her mother mused on, her eyebrows scrunching ever so slightly as she ran her fingers through her daughter's brown hair, "Isn't that exciting?"

"Honey, remember, we have to leave at-"Kameko heard her father shout from outside; seems that he was don't raking the leaves covering their lawn.

"Leaving...?" Kameko echoed, looking at her mother for some sort of explanation, "You promised me that you wouldn't leave for some sort of 'vacation without Kameko', again."

"Oh my- Ken! You and your loose tongue!" Beryl scolded her father before looking at Kameko apologetically, "Honey. . .Tonight, your father and I have to go to a meeting to discuss about the laws of this city."

Kameko wasn't convinced though, knowing that her father was a chef and her mother was an author, the idea of meeting with a council uncanny. What would they do? Write a cookbook to convince the council to fill in the potholes?

Her father entered the living room, only to pale slightly at the sight of Kameko. How welcome, she thought, even her own father didn't want to see her.

"Oh. . .Welcome back, sweetie, what were you too ladies talking about?" He tried playing it off, but she could sense his nervous sweating.

"Ken, honey, I was just telling her about the meeting during the nighttime. The meeting that prevents us from spending the night with her." Even though her mother didn't show any facial expressions to indicate any suspicions, Kameko could hear the odd emphasis she put to specific words.

"H-huh? Oh! Right! The meeting!" Ken agreed immediately, "The meeting at midnight."

Kameko wanted to confront their very poorly constructed lie, but decided against it. This was her parents, the worst thing they could do was get ice-cream without telling her, or go to the movie theatres and buy buttered popcorn, which she wasn't allowed to do since it was bad for her health, just to spite her. Shrugging it off, she hurriedly went to her room to finish her homework and shower, but unbeknownst to her, her parents were breathing out a sigh of relief, thinking that their daughter actually fell for their amateur acting skills.

-

Glancing out the window, she could see the moon. It was a beauty all right, shining ever so bright. If only she knew where her parents were. It was only 9 o clock, but for some unknown reason, they insisted on leaving early, hoping not to 'miss the meeting'. This wasn't particularly odd, since her parents would rather die a thousand deaths than arrive one minute late, but a total of four hours early seemed like a bit of an exaggeration.

Things didn't add up, Kameko had went online and checked all the nearest ice-cream parlors, only to find that they closed at 10 o clock, sharp, not to mention all of the movie theatres within a twenty meter radius, with no such luck. If her parents weren't outside sneaking a two scoop chocolate waffle cone with chocolate syrup and sprinkles without her (the nerve),or smuggling some buttery goodness while watching a romantic comedy, then where were they?