14 Rage and bones

A/N: This one's a bit gory and violent.

____

Fists were slammed into a metallic door. Small dents began to show off of the raw strength he used as he tried to break the door open. A deep and animalistic growl escaped him. The sound of her pained voice drove him into rage for the man, no not man... but psychopathic raider asshole, who did all these things to her. They were ambushed in a simple retrieving mission Haylen had asked them to do, and got knocked out by a group of extremely violent raiders. Danse woke up in a cell while Kat was in the room in front of him, chained to a chair, already covered in blood.

The raider didn't even ask her a single question, he just enjoyed the act of torturing her. Danse saw how Kat's head already laid down on her chest, blood dripping from her lower lip, where the raider hit her with brass knuckles. Her brown curls hanging in her face, almost covering her completely. The psychopath just sniggered at her, calling her by disgusting names, touching her in a way which made the Paladin even angrier. The grip of his hands around the steel bars in the door tightened, turning his knuckles all white and he thought that his grip would leave dents in the bars.

He didn't know if Kat still was conscious, her head just lolled from side to side lazily. "Kathryn!", he called out for her, but no movement of hearing calling out for her. The raider held her head up, revealing the damage he'd already done to her. Kat's face was bruised all over in different shades of color. Her right eye had already began to swell and her lower lip was chapped and dripping a thin line of blood. "Seems like this one already has enough, eh?", the raider sounded offended and... disappointed? He began to unlock her from her chains and she slumped forward, landing on her weak arms.

Danse saw a flash of movement from the lying soldier. And just as the raider wanted to grab and drag her away, Kat turned around and kicked him with both legs into his stomach. He toppled over and fell onto the ground ass first. Before he was even able to curse at her, Kat was already at her feet, running towards the raider and knocking him over with an angry grunt. The Paladin was only able to watch as his knight launched herself onto that psychopath, starting to beat the shit out of him.

It gave him new strength to see that she still was there and fighting. Again and again he began to slam his fists into the metallic door, the dents more and more visible. Then he took a few steps back, running with full force and shoulder first into the door and it flew through the room with a loud shriek and landing at the opposite wall. Danse rubbed his shoulder and was at Kat's side just in time. The raider was slowly gaining the upper hand again, constantly crushing his fists into Kat's face.

A sharp ruck at the collar of her jumpsuit sent her sliding a few meters away and she witnessed the pure rage of Paladin Danse. He slapped the raider once in the face and sent him flying through the room. The deep and low growl he let out let the air around him vibrate. Kat froze on her spot, his aura of sheer anger reaching her, sending chills down her spine. She truly was afraid of him and her whole body was shaking. The raider held his cheek still smirking like an idiot. Did that bastard really think he'd get out alive? A sharp whistle from him rang loud in her ears.

The door to the room flew open and a gang of five other raiders moved into the room. None of them wore any kind of firearm, only baseball bats, planks and tire irons. Danse held the psychotic raider in the air, gripping at the collar of his shirt. The man only laughed before the Paladin crashed him down into a wall so hard that the wicked sound of a crushing skull was audible. The raider was dead before his head hit the ground, that fucking smirk still plastered on his now lifeless face.

The other raiders shouted insults at Danse and he turned around slowly. His neatly groomed hair was a mess, sweat made it stick to his forehead. His chest was slightly heaving and the look in his eyes robbed Kathryn's breath. A wild beast was unleashed inside of him, hungry for more fighting and breaking bones, for revenge. Hell bent loose just in the time span of a blink as Danse threw himself into the group and knocking them all over. Kat crawled into the nearest corner of the room, trying as best to avoid to get in the way.