17 Seven days of Vacation, Day 2: Intimacy

Kathryn woke up in her bed and still had her clothes on. The blanket was gently tucked over her covering her in a cozy way. Danse was downstairs rummaging in her kitchen. She could hear him hum to the music from the radio. She yawned and then she smelled it. The corners of her mouth shot up and she grinned to herself. She couldn't remember when the last time was that someone made breakfast for her. She stood up and changed her clothing from old and smelly to new and clean. She decided to wear shorts and a tank top and then went downstairs. She yawned and stretched her body. The rumbling of a falling pan made her jump and grip at her chest. "God, Danse!", she shouted. He just stood there looking at her with a red neck and ears. She froze in place looking at him. Her eyes widened at the sight. He wore a pair of sweat pants and a muscle shirt. He rubbed the back of his neck and grabbed the pan from the floor.

"G... good m... morning...", he stammered out while he turned around to go and wash the pan. Kat watched how his muscles worked underneath his skin. Heat rose into her cheeks and she had to look away. "That smells amazing.", she said trying to break the silence while she walked over to the table to sit down on the couch. Two cups of coffee already stood on the table and Danse came over with two steaming plates. His ears were still red as he sat down next to her and began to eat. He made scrambled eggs with a piece of radstag meat and razorgrain porridge. She took the first bite and her eyes glistened. "Wow... It's amazing!", she called out, flustering the man next to her even more. He mumbled out a small "Thank you" between two bites.

After they finished their breakfast Danse cleared the table and also did the dishes. Kathryn was amazed by that. "Hey Danse, if you don't mind, I'd go and take a shower now.", she called over to him. "Take your time.", he simply answered, back to her. She chuckled and came over to him. "You can come too if you want." He looked at her with wide eyes and she winked at him. His face was crimson red and she laughed. "I'm just joking. Or not..?" She was so close to him now that she could whisper into his ear. His Adam's apple bobbed as he swallowed. "Only if you wish for it." He turned around to her, grabbing her by the waist as he whispered into her ear now. A shower of goosebumps ran down her body. She glanced at him, his eyes were dark and full of emotion.

He pressed her against his lap and she put her arms around his neck leaning in for a french kiss. His hands stroke the sides of her body while her hands were entwined in his thick hair. Kat pulled away as Danse gently lifted her top over her body and then her head. He tossed it aside smiling at the woman in front of him. She went back to kissing him, his hands carefully caressing her naked breasts. She sucked in a breath and smiled into the kiss. It was her turn now to put down his shirt. She took her sweet time feeling every muscle under it as she pulled it up and tossed it to her top. She needed to feel him, each and every centimeter of his skin and she trailed kisses where ever she touched him."Let's go get a shower...", Kat whispered between kisses. "Mh-hmm", Danse hummed slowly leading them both to their destination.

Kat turned on the water. Before she was able to turn around, Danse stood behind her hugging her frame. He waved away her hair and kissed her neck down her spine. He tugged at her pants with his teeth and slowly pulled it down. His hands lingered on her thighs squeezing gently as he kept tugging down the fabric. A soft thud was audible as the pantie finally fell on the ground, revealing Kat's apple like butt. She turned around and her eyes beamed. The bathroom was damp now, the air filled with hot steam. "Come on, pull down those boxers.", Kat said stepping closer to Danse and playing with the rim of his underwear. She gently pulled it down and put it aside with her foot. The water was perfectly warm when she stepped under the shower stream. A bar of soap laid next to her in a small basket, a washcloth hanging there too.

Danse stepped under the hot water too and took Kat into a gentle embrace. He kissed her slowly and deep rubbing his hands up and down her back in lazy movements. Her hands were on his chest, playing with the soft hair there. He chuckled "You're tickling me." "I'm sorry...", Kat breathed between two kisses. Danse broke the kiss and had the washcloth in hand. "Turn around.", he said. Kat did as she was told, delicately moving her hips, 'accidentally' bumping into him. He chuckled again and gently began to wash her arms, then her back down to her butt, leaving trails of foam. He knelt down to clean one and then the other of her legs, tickling her in between her toes. She wiggled them and laughed. "Guess I'll never be this clean between my toes again.", she joked. Danse only hummed putting the washcloth between her thighs cleaning the skin there. Kat turned around and he moved on her stomach. She looked down at him and smiled as he looked up. Danse stood up again, gently brushing over her breasts and the sensitive nipples. Kat couldn't contain a soft moan because of the sweet irritation. He looked her in the eyes, now forgetting what he was doing and kissed her passionately.

"Let me return the favor.", Kat said and Danse nodded. She did the same to him, moving from arm to arm and then his back. She needed to stand on her toes to wash him properly. She enjoyed how the muscles underneath the washcloth felt, twitching, tensing and relaxing. Then she washed his legs and moved on to his torso. The fine hairs on his chest bubbled up a soft layer of foam on his skin and Kat put the washcloth away. Her hands were roaming his chest, spreading the foam everywhere. Danse looked down at her and smiled. He hugged her and whispered a soft thank you. He held her for a while, water dripping down between them cleaning off the soapy foam. Kat leaned into him with her eyes closed enjoying his skin on hers.

After showering they got dressed in rather cozy clothing. It was warm and they both decided to go with shorts and sleeveless shirts. It was almost a partner-look thing and they laughed at each other. "So, what are you up to, today?", Danse asked Kat. "Oh, nothing special. Just wanted to check in on Piper. You wanna join?" She looked at him while she swirled a strain of hair around her finger. "I'd like to join you, yes." "Awesome! We could do a pick-nick then with them" Kat was jumping and smiling. She went and rummaged through all the scrap lying around and found a basket which she then cleaned and filled with a variety of goodies. Danse couldn't help but chuckle and grab Kat as she almost ran past him and peppered her with kisses. She smiled to herself.

Ten minutes later they stood in front of Publick Occurences knocking at the door. Nate opened and yawned. "What are you doing here?", he asked sleepily. Kat held up the basket, wide smile on her face and said "Taking you and Piper for a little pick-nick." Nate let them in and they sat down on the couch. "Piper's still in bed, but I'll get her.", he then said and yawned again. "No need to Nate. I'm going to get her myself." Kat had a mischievous grin on her face and walked upstairs. She stood in front of the bed and inhaled. "PIPER! WAKE UP!" Danse and Nate jumped. Piper screamed and almost punched her friend which stood a few meters away from the bed laughing. Piper's hair stood in all directions and she looked angry. "Sorry Pipes, it had to be done one day. Get your ass ready, we're going our for a pick-nick." Kat left and went downstairs to join the men on the couch.

She let herself flop down next to Danse leaning against him. His face went red immediately but Kat didn't see it. But Nate saw and stifled a laugh and Danse shook his head at the other man. It took Piper ten minutes to get out of bed. "Oh, you meant it when you said we're going for a pick-nick.", she said facing her friend. "Yeah, so let's go." Kat stood up, grabbed the basket and opened the door. The other three followed her and they left Diamond City. Kat found a safe place behind a half collapsed house. She spread out a blanket and sat down. The others followed her and she handed them bottles of Nuka Cola. A soft breeze blew around them cooling down the warm air. The glasses they held were clanking together and they cheered to a beautiful day.

They talked a lot about everything. Kat wished she went home first to go and get Dogmeat. She was sure he'd enjoy a lazy day too. It made her a little sad for the canine but she also thought that he busied himself with chasing molerats and bloatflies. And yet she had to smile again. Danse saw the change in her face and grabbed her hand to get her attention. "Kathryn, is everything okay?", he asked softly. She looked at his warm chocolate eyes and nodded. "Yeah I was just thinking of Dogmeat, that's all.", she then answered and intertwined her fingers with his. "I'm sure he's doing great.", Danse then said and smiled hat Kat. Nate and Piper were already deep in a conversation while the other two just stared at each other in silence. Danse rubbed his thumb over Kat's hand trying to comfort her a little. She smiled at the gesture. "Thank you.", she whispered while they still stared at each other. They didn't notice that Nate and Piper got quiet until the reporter chuckled. "Someone's madly in love here." And then she laughed. Both Danse and Kat went completely red and looked away but their hands were still entwined.

"God I'm hungry.", Nate stated to break the uncomfortable silence. "Kat, what did you pack for us?" she let go of Danse's hand and rummaged through the basket. She pulled out a bunch of Mutfruits and Tarberries, Sugar Bombs and other stuff. They ate most of the fruits and cereals when Kat pulled out a box of Fancy Lad's Snack Cakes. Danse's eyes glistened at the pack of sweets. Kat knew how much he loved them and put the box in his hands. "Here, I know how much you love them." Then she pulled out another one handing it to Nate and Piper.

Kat yelped in surprise as Danse lifted her into his lap glancing into her eyes. "You're too good for this world..." With these words he caressed her face and pulled her into a deep kiss. Kat responded with caressing his face too and leaning on him. Her hair covered their faces with a veil of brown curls. Piper wanted to say something but Nate stopped her. "Let them be" he whispered "they need it." She didn't argue and found herself happy with the situation. Kat was relieved that Danse broke out of his shy demeanor, forgetting that her friends were there too and watching. She sighed into the kisses she and Danse shared, feeling happy. "What have I done to deserve this..?", she asked after they broke the kiss, searching the eyes of the man she felt so close to. He smiled at her, gently stroking one of her cheeks. He gave her a last kiss before she turned around leaning her back against his chest.

It was late afternoon when the four friends walked back to Diamond City and parting down at the stairs after they made out that they later met at Power Noodles for dinner. Even at the evening it was still warm and a light breeze blew through the streets. Both women wore summer dresses while the men wore casual jeans and black shirts. They sat down in front of the robot and ordered 4 cups of noodles. They laughed and ate their noodles, enjoying them so much that all four ordered a second bowl. Danse ate so fast, Nate and Piper almost dropped their spoons while watching him. Kat was fast too, but she still tried to enjoy the taste before she gulped the food down completely. She choked on one of the noodles and had to cough. Danse immediately set down his spoon and gently patted her on the back. He also ordered a bottle of Nuka Cola for her.

After finishing their meal the four friends went to the Dugout Inn again. But this time it was different. Sure, Vadim tried to get Kat's attention again, but this time, Danse pulled her into his side one arm wrapped around her and walked past the bartender. Nate ordered their drinks while the others sat down. "Ugh... Next time I want to go to Goodneighbor..." Kathryn spilled half of her drink and Nate and Piper looked in disbelief. Danse only shrugged after his statement and sipped on his beer. "What? The music's better and no one's going on your nerves there." They all nodded in agreement.

Vadim didn't try his advances again and the evening wasn't that bad at all. The music was good and the four friends danced with each other. They laughed and had a lot of fun. Danse ordered the second round of drinks and they cheered at each other. Then Kat and Piper at last. Instead of ordering everyone the drink they drank before, Piper ordered two bottles of Bobrov's Best Moonshine. Needless to say that they were wrecked after they finished the two bottles. They still made it home in one piece, Kat and Danse heading to Homeplate and Nate and Piper back to Publick Occurences.

Kat closed the door behind them, biting her lower lip when she walked over to Danse, peppering him with kisses. Together they walked upstairs where they undressed and then headed to bed. They cuddled up at each other smiling and kissing lazily before they fell asleep.