5

My eyes slowly opened, my face pressed into the vinyl of the raft. My ears were ringing a bit as I laid there. I could hear the waves, and birds. I slowly lifted my head to see some dried blood on the raft where my head was resting. My eyes were finally focusing and I noticed the sun rising slowly, I turned to look around me and noticed my raft was beached. Debris from the ship littered the land I was on. I slowly climbed out of the raft, tripping over my own two legs as my feet sunk into the wet sand.

"Shit..." I cursed as I landed on my hands and knees. The wind was causing the some of the loose strands of hair to whip against my face. I looked around more, not seeing any other rafts. Tall trees and some tall grass seeped out from the center. The island was large from what I could tell, I got to my feet and walked along to sand, trying to gauge exactly how large this island was. I stopped once I got to a large boulder and some other rocks that I would have had to climb over. I decided to walk back the other way instead. When I got back to the raft I was tired, the sun was higher up and I knew if I didn't drink some water I'd dehydrate soon enough. I reached for my duffle bag inside the raft, pulling out a large one liter of drinking water that hadn't been opened yet. I took a few sips, mentally reminding myself that I had to take it slow and be cautious. My head still hurt some so I fished around in my purse for the little travel sized aspirin bottle I kept on me. I took two little pills and two more sips of water in hopes that would help the headache. I knew I had to find a mirror, the one thing I didn't have in either bag.

I rummaged through my duffle bag more to see if I had anything of use for wiping the dried blood from my forehead, no doubt it was from the debris that hit me. I might have had a minor concussion but since I was able to walk, knew my name and where I was just prior to my current location... yeah I think I was just fine for now. I knew it was no use, but I checked my cell phone anyway.

"Well at least I can look at pictures... take pictures... and maybe leave a video note before I die here... fucking hell." I muttered to myself as I turned my phone back off. No point in wasting the nearly full charge. I sighed deeply and pulled the raft up onto the land more.

"Oh right... these things usually have a compartment with stuff right?" Talking to myself was keeping me calm, I thought so anyway. I felt around the inside of the raft and found the compartment, two of them. 4 blankets, 2 first aid kits, and a flare gun kit thing. Well, it was better than nothing. I'd have to figure out something, the protein bars in the kit were not meant as a stable food source for anyone for a long period of time. I looked around me again and noticed a bunch of little crabs... I could try to catch some and cook them? The thought didn't seem that appealing though, not to mention it wouldn't have been a reliable food source either. It would take a lot of them and honestly I didn't know if I could catch them and how would I cook them? I sighed heavily and laid back in the raft, I sat up quickly and rummaged through my bag again. I found what I was looking for, trusty sunscreen. I applied the cooled lotion to my skin, I ended up using more than I'd have liked since I was still in the dress from the night before. Oh right the BTS performance... I hoped they were okay. It saddened me that I couldn't check social media to make sure they were okay. But they're a large group now, surely they got off the ship before anyone else.

I had a pad of paper and a pen in my duffle bag, which I used to take inventory of what I had. I noticed plenty of debris, even some suitcases that had washed up on shore I assumed with me. My only issue is that I didn't know what was beyond the trees and tall grass, usually snakes and while snakes in general don't bother me... the ones that are assholes and poisonous are the kinds of snakes I'd rather avoid. I sighed again... I seemed to be doing that a lot. Maybe I was doing it as a way to keep my mind clear, almost like meditation but not even close? I don't know. I pulled the two unopened suitcases near the raft and decided to open them. Anything would have been better than nothing, with any luck there were some shorts and a t-shirt I could put on and get out of this damn dress. I unzipped the yellow and green suitcase first. Inside were men's clothes, a toiletry bag with razors, after shave and shaving cream. I rummaged though, nothing of use to me... well maybe a large t-shirt would be use. And some of the other shirts could be cut up and used for bandages if needed. I remembered girl scouts also said something about cloth being useful for filtering sea water before you boil it. However my issue was also going to be finding something to boil water in. I continued to rummage through the suitcase but only managed to find a two lighters and a pack of cigarettes.... Gross.