14

The next two days were cloudy but the rain, wind and thunder had stopped so the guys were able to finish up the shelter. We had to wait a whole day for the leaves to dry and it was difficult with the sun being hidden behind the clouds but the warm air helped some. Namjoon insisted we didn't need them fully dried, so Tae and I handed both Yoongi and Jimin the remaining leaves for the roof. I had slept alone the past two nights, but tonight we would all be able to sleep in our shelter. Jin and Namjoon kicked at the tree trunk poles that held the shelter up, making sure it was stable and secure. What helped was that the structure wrapped around a larger tree. Only the first four poles were sunk in the sand, though Namjoon said he had added dirt into the holes they dug to provide more stability.

"It looks good." Jimin said as we all looked up at it. Tae darted over and started to climb up the netting ladder.

"Yeah, it's stable. It'll hold all of us and then some. We built a space for the rafts under neath though, so they won't get washed away should a storm hit and raise the water levels significantly." Namjoon said.

"Guys this is so fucking cool!" Tae shouted as he poked his head out of one of the leaf covered windows. I giggled and shook my head. Jin and Jimin chuckled a bit but the others seemed too tired, to be fair most of them had been busting their asses the past few days to get it built.

"We know it holds up in a storm like we got the other day at least. Though..... it looks like we're in for another one." Jin pointed up at the gray skies above us.

"Well we should get some laundry done and some food and water stored before we're stuck inside for the next day or so right?" Hoseok asked, looking at Jin and Namjoon. Both guys nodded in agreement and Namjoon waved everyone over.

"Alright, Yoongi and Jin will handle fishing. Jimin you're on water duty. Jungkook and Tae... you made that spear right?" Both boys nodded. "Alright see if you can hunt some rabbit or an animal a little bigger so we can get more meat. Hobi and Peaches can handle laundry." He added. I nodded and looked to Hoseok as we both started off into the woods. We followed our path, pulling the two duffle bags of dirty clothes, one of the big cooker pots and one of the few bars of soap we had left from one of the suitcases we had found. It was the only way we managed to stay fairly fresh and clean.

We finally made it to the waterfall with pond and the smaller fall that we used for washing as it ran into a river that lead out to the sea. We used this water to wash clothes as well. Hoseok held the bucket against the rocks as the water filled the large cooking pot up. He carried it over to the edge of the small river way, setting it on a large flat rock while I put some clothes into the water. Hoseok put the long heavy stick into the pot and started stirring the clothing around, after a few moments of that he tipped the water out onto the ground and I handed him the bar of soap. This time I carried the pot of now wet clothes over to the falling water. Hobi held the bar of soap inside the pot while the water ran over it and filled the pot. Soon bubbles were forming and Hoseok moved the pot away from the water. Putting the stick into the pot I began to stir it and whisk the clothes around. After a few minutes Hoseok took over, he clearly had more strength than me as he whisked the clothes around faster than I could, It was a good arm work out for sure. Hoseok took off his shirt and poured the soapy water out, then we rinsed the soapy clothes as best as we could. We repeated this five more times, taking a small break between each.

With all the wet clothes in the duffle bags we sat down and took a longer break before heading back.

"I need to wash.... I think my sweat is screaming at me." Hobi teased as he ran his hand down over his chest. I looked up at his tall form and nodded.