Chapter 18; Is This Going to Hurt?

We ended up taking a break, everyone had been getting frustrated and needed a breather, myself included. I sat on their porch to call Corrin. Victoria watched me from the window to make sure I didn't run away. I told Corrin to go home with Alex and spend the night, telling him that I didn't know when I was coming home and I didn't want him home alone. Not with those guys from earlier on the loose. Then I called Willow, just to clear my head from all of the craziness.

"What's up?" Willow's voice was like a breath of fresh air.

"Something crazy is happening and I can't tell you what, but I need you to help me out before I actually lose my mind."

"Well, if you can't tell me then I'm not sure how to help. Can you give me something to work with?" I can hear her lowering the volume on her T.V.

"I'm with Dorrian," is all I say.

"Ah, I see. Take a step out of yourself, don't lock yourself down into your views. Keep an open mind, and remember, you can always change your views as many times as you want. What you believed yesterday doesn't have to be what you believe today or tomorrow or even next month. Things change, keep an open mind and come see me when you're ready to talk." The phone line clicks off and I sigh. Things change, I tell myself. I take a few breaths before heading back inside.

I am surprised to see Jay sitting on the couch with a steaming cup of tea, it looked like someone had given him a change of clothes. He looks at me and pats the spot next to him. My feet listen but my mind flashes a million warnings the whole way from the door to the couch.

"So, an omega. What does that mean?" I ask. Jay sits back and curls his legs into him.

"I'm a low ranking wolf. There are the leaders-alpha's, the leaders second in commands-beta's, and the elder wolves-gamma's. There are also warriors and medics in case of an attack. Then there are the omega's. They are the runts of the pack that do all the stuff the others don't want to, usually used for cleaning, grunt work, fixing things, and sometimes we babysit the cubs.

"My last pack didn't like omega's. I was treated poorly so I ran and became a rogue. A rogue is a wolf that doesn't have a pack. They are respected even less than omega's. I'm lucky Alpha Holden even let me onto his land. I think it's because your mated to his brother and I'm your friend," Jay says, looking into his cup of tea. I didn't like the idea of Jay being treated unfairly. I always just thought he was reserved-not forced into submission. I wanted there to be more for him.

"What do I do?" He looks at me.

"Do what feels right. Just keep in mind that wolves aren't like people. Mates are the most important thing to them, why do you think Dorrian moved the pack here? He has been looking for you, Auric. Your bond is sacred to them, if you sever it, Dorrian will never be the same, if he even survives it. If he were to have turned your bond away before it fully formed, he would have most likely been exiled."

"Wow, that's...intense," I say. I think about how Dorrian had waited outside of the gas station all day and night to try and talk to me. I think about how he looked and how he tried to reach out to me. I felt guilt pool in the bottom of my stomach like a boulder had made its stay inside my intestine. Jay nods and some of the others began floating back into the room.

"In your words, what's an incubus? I've heard their explanations, but I want yours," I tell him, lowering my voice a bit. I felt like he had been explaining things better and I wanted a friend's advice and he was the only friend that I had that could know about this.

"They are demons, but demons don't have to be bad. They survive on a form of human chi made from sexual energy. They have to consume it to survive, once yours is released you will too. They're sexual people because of this, but that doesn't mean you have to be a sex monster. You can still have normal relationships and whatnot, it may take more self-control but you can do it. It's not so bad, it will have its ups. Like you will be able to heal faster, see better, hear better, a whole bunch of things."